Did we get in your way?

Jason

Just wanted to know if we pissed anyone off for being so slow. We had the #80 black Mustang. We bought the car back in February and worked on it up till Friday night before the race. We had never driven the car over 30 mph before Saturday's race. I knew it would be slow, but I never thought it would be THAT slow! If we pissed anyone off, sorry. This was the first time any of us had raced ANYTHING and it was the first time for 3 out of 5 of us that had even set foot in BIR. One thing I am VERY proud of is the fact that we had a 100% legal $500 crap can car. Some other teams can say that too, but we all know some teams can't!!!!! That said, we had a blast and learned a ton. We'll be back next year with the same car... don't worry, it will be MUCH faster next year! :D

• Like 1

I'm the one that put the nice scratch in your rear quarter no hard feelings just glad i didn't t-bone you in turn 12 like it was looking to be

I was one of the drivers in car 28 i kinda hope the same thing this was our first W2W race also but i do think most everyone did a pretty good job a few didn't but most did

Just wanted to know if we pissed anyone off for being so slow. We had the #80 black Mustang. We bought the car back in February and worked on it up till Friday night before the race. We had never driven the car over 30 mph before Saturday's race. I knew it would be slow, but I never thought it would be THAT slow! If we pissed anyone off, sorry. This was the first time any of us had raced ANYTHING and it was the first time for 3 out of 5 of us that had even set foot in BIR. One thing I am VERY proud of is the fact that we had a 100% legal $500 crap can car. Some other teams can say that too, but we all know some teams can't!!!!! That said, we had a blast and learned a ton. We'll be back next year with the same car... don't worry, it will be MUCH faster next year! :D

The times that I passed your team your drivers were doing a good job of pointing me by. No problems here. :)

Guest Cook

Please I was in the 280z. If anyone was a rolling chicane it was us. We pretty much had to use engine braking to slow the car down and after about an hour and a half the clutch was slipping bad. But I think we did alright considering we pretty much built the car in 2 weeks, it hadn't been running in 15+ years, and I drove it on the trailer, to tech and back and then onto the track right up to about 70mph. Had a great time though.

A rolling chicane, that's funny. But I also echo the others, both the Mustang and the 280Z teams were good about letting our car pass. I always tried to make sure I had a clean spot, generally a straight to pass in, as I didn't want to be like some other teams out there and bomb into corner and pass other people like I got passed.

Guest JKcougarbait

You guys were no problem for passing, the driver out there the same time as I was certainly paying attention to who all was around. I think there were a few trips into the grass near me as well, but nothing that frightened me in the least bit. I just hope nobody non of the drivers got nervous with all the cars flying past...I know that can be a bit stressful.

Good work, and props to staying out there and sticking with it!

Just like my brother, I was worried that we might be pissing people off. I'm glad to hear no one was too upset with our "lightening fast ride". :D

Todd, I was the one driving when we got "tagged" in the rear quarter. Totally my fault. I spun it right in front of you, you had nowhere to go. I think the USED Craigslist 400 treadware tires had something to do with our car being loose. But hey! they lasted both days and still have tread left on them!

Like Jason said, our entire team had the time of their lives and we'll all be back next year. (with a new ring job)

Thats good to her Bungy no worries on my end i was just glad i was able to evade you enought not to cause more damage on both our ends Is your guys car running well still? i seen it sitting at the Top of Turn 1 for sometime and looked like a bit of smoke up there

Do you mean at the end of the day Saturday? That's right where we blew the clutch and being so close to the end, they let it sit there untill the end of the race. The funny thing is, Jason replaced the clutch with a new one before the weekend "just to be on the safe side" We put the old used one back in and everyone agreed it worked better. The car ran great all weekend (and still does) just a little low on power.

Hmm thats crazy that the new clutch didn't survive. We had Clutch issues by the end of sunday it wouldn't disengage so it made for intersting for trucker shifting style but i quit that after awhile and just ran the car in 3rd gear the rest of the race. with still pulling a 2:03 lap time i didn't see the point in hurting a trans with only 30 minutes left in the race.

Guest red91sit

As a spectator (this time) the slower traffic made it a much more interesting race. Next year your car better be LOUDER too haha.