Buttonwillow 5/17-5/18/14 Results

Aleru

But that DQ was the same car that got DQd at T-Hill... ultra cheaty!!!  The header I think was just the easiest one to spot...

I am baffled that a car that already got a DQ would come back with undeclared items.  There should be a two strike rule, get caught cheating once shame on you. Caught cheating twice: mandatory EC for all future races.  

What they got caught for is not something most people would notice.  They were running the EDM Enous header which to the untrained eye looks exactly like a stock header.  I agree 100% they should have a much more substantial punishment aside from being DQ, I feel this is where a claimer type of rule would be beneficial(chumpcar claims the vehicle not competitors).

I hate claimers, but I agree that a strike rule or somehting would be beneficial.  That way you are more likely to change what got caught bc there is a consequence.  Otherwise they probably just figured that the worst case scenario was that they get DQ'd again, oh well...

Random possibility: Any team DQed in post-race must run its next [n] event in EC (more for the ineligibility for prizes than anything else). Only a thought -- nothing more. (I can see where the folks who choose to run EC might be a tad put-out by having the questionably-honest lumped in with them, but as few ECs as normally show up....)

• Like 1

This is a good, fun read, but I get the impression the writer/driver was never informed about his new team's DQ at the previous race.

"Chump Car being Chump car means that things aren't always fair game. Bob had considerable success at the last race at Thunderhill. As a result, the winner is penalized for the next race. Our penalty was about 10 laps."

• Like 3

Thats not the worst idea.  I wonder if there has ever been a repeat offender for a DQ, let alone back to back races.

I can't think of any -- which is pretty good for just under six years....

Side Note: At a Rose Cup Races weekend, I asked one of the Historic Stock Car officials what a "13/13" rule was. After having it explained to me, i asked "So what happens with a third offense?" He stared at me as if to say "You think we're going to allow anyone that stupid to come back?".