WATKINS GLEN......TACKY

Was anyone else approached by an individual in the garage area promoting another start up endurance series in the Northeast  and offered a free beer ?    I for one thought that this was tacky and in poor taste on their part.  Anyone else expierence this and if so what are your thoughts ? 

It was completely unprofessional and he was asked to leave and not do this at ANY ChumpCar event.  Very uncool...Wendy did a great job making the message very clear :)  And thank you to the chumps that were offended and brought this to our attention; we appreciate you having our back!

I declined the beer

It was completely unprofessional and he was asked to leave and not do this at ANY ChumpCar event.  Very uncool...Wendy did a great job making the message very clear :)  And thank you to the chumps that were offended and brought this to our attention; we appreciate you having our back!

That would be me diva.

Being a long time  loyal  competitor  in many professional  race series   I appreciate what Chump Car is all about and value the sponsors they have been able to attract.   I'm surprised every chump that was approached by this  arrogant  twit  did not seek out Sal or Wendy and  let it be known.

No I did not take the beer didn't need it that bad 

• Like 1

Was is Mattbattson?

Oh, it couldn't have been as they charged 75 cents to get in the gate.  And we all agree that 75 cents would be best spent on a new piece of flair for his forum wizard costume.

The QUOTE button: When a LIKE is just not sufficient.

-Chris

• Like 1

Free beer, a girl named Nancy, and a trip to Mexico for winning witch Chump race ??

Her name was McGill and she called herself Lil but everyone knew her as Nancy.

Now she and her man who called himself Dan......

Sounds like VIR to me Bro.

Here is my opinion on this.

The way the guy went about talking (handing out beer) about another series was wrong but him wanting to talk about another series was ok. In SCCA/NASA we/get talk/ed about other series all the time and no one gets kicked out for just talking.

a fellow racer talking about another series is one thing, showing up at an event for the purpose of marketing is another.

Yeeeeah, gotta go with you on this. Its one thing even if he's a spectator and someone asks him what he does for a living. Even then, the most appropriate thing would be to only volunteer info that is asked for. Make it very obvious you're not attempting to push anything. Just not very professional. Conversely, from a marketing standpoint, just going to hang out and make no effort to push yourself/series might actually attract some people cuz you don't seem like a huge dbag.

Interesting....

I found out about Chump Car from a individual while I was racing a Lemons Race

Not the same comparison.   This guy was in attendance for the sole purpose to  recruit new customers.   As I said real tacky.  My prediction is failure anyways their  rules are  like bracket racing.   Anyone who needs a beer really bad come see me at  VIR it's on me.

• Technical Advisory Committee

Not the same comparison.   This guy was in attendance for the sole purpose to  recruit new customers.   As I said real tacky.  My prediction is failure anyways their  rules are  like bracket racing.   Anyone who needs a beer really bad come see me at  VIR it's on me.

O your on big boy ..

• Members

I talked to him for a minute, but he never offered me any beer. I gave an idea of the concept and said it was like $2,000 per race. I was like, huh? For that amount of time on track it is like half that with Chump so I gave him the scratched head look and he left. hmmmm.