Gateway Video/Stories/Highlights/etc

• Technical Advisory Committee

Thanks to all the ChumpCar staff and volunteers for making Gateway a fun weekend. 

Congrats to the podium cars for good performance. 

We accomplished all our set goals for the weekend, and finished in the top 10....a successful weekend for Holy Rollers. 

• Finish the race
  • Get everyone seat time
  • Drink lots of Margaritas 
  • Don't blow up engine
  • Don't crash car

We had some great battles with Kentucky Spirits, the #50 Integra, the DSM, etc. good clean fun racing!

• Like 1

I'll make a new thread about it because myself and team are a bit miffed after this race. I'll then link to here.

With that said the volunteers, staff and track were great. We brought a friend and lovedt he track. I seriously don't

know why this event doesn't get more entries. The track is FUN! Damn fun for a roval. It's flows nicely. Our 'rental'

who has BMWCCA Club Racing track records in a specE36 was stoked after his first stint and giddy as hell after

his second.

We broke 4 rocker arms... which is more than we have broken over 3 years previously. We are not sure why :(

More to come.

• Like 1

Thanks to all the ChumpCar staff and volunteers for making Gateway a fun weekend. 

Congrats to the podium cars for good performance. 

We accomplished all our set goals for the weekend, and finished in the top 10....a successful weekend for Holy Rollers. 

• Finish the race

Get everyone seat time

Drink lots of Margaritas 

Don't blow up engine

Don't crash car

We had some great battles with Kentucky Spirits, the #50 Integra, the DSM, etc. good clean fun racing!

My question is how did you guys get a Civic to be up by 15 laps halfway through the race?

That thing must have been F A S T...

And you weren't even the fastest car out there.

Too bad you guys broke down, but I guess it wasn't terminal.

Had a great day. This was my first trip to Gateway. It was much more fun and interesting than I had anticipated.

We had some strange tire wear issues on BFG Rivals. Lost a left front at 6hrs. Right front at 10hrs,

We were out of front pads at 12hrs, so had to nurse the car home.

Condolences to Holly Rollers, there was no way we could have mounted a challenge, we had resigned ourselves to 2nd at best, and cars were catching us.

Does anyone know why Kentucky spirits had a MASSIVE amount of penalty laps? They started way down on the field.

I got passed by them towards the beginning of my stint (around noon) and I enjoyed fighting to get right back up behind them by the end of my stint. I think I would have gotten them had I been able to stay out for 1 more lap!

Does anyone know why Kentucky spirits had a MASSIVE amount of penalty laps? They started way down on the field.

I got passed by them towards the beginning of my stint (around noon) and I enjoyed fighting to get right back up behind them by the end of my stint. I think I would have gotten them had I been able to stay out for 1 more lap!

I don't know the breakdown, but they had rear aero and coilovers, and those brakes looked awful big.  I don't know Z31s though so I can't say for sure if the brakes were non OEM.  I didn't spend much time in impound as it was nearing my bedtime.

Thanks to the Chump staff Mike, Brock and Chris, the safety workers and the GMP staff for a great day of racing.

What a race for 4CGM, starting with 6 penalty laps we worked our way forward slowly throughout the race despite some handling issues giving us some big oversteer. 9 hours in it seemed as if we were not going to be able to climb any higher than somewhere between third and fifth (depending on how the pit stops cycled). Then the dominating Holy Rollers team broke along with troubles on the 427 CRX put us in a solid third. On our second to last stint 4CGM-Chris spent 90 minutes making up two laps on 2nd place #325 Bav Alcoholics Anon (our pit neighbors and fellow StL team) BAA made their final pit stop 10 minutes before we did. Both teams had pit stops in the minimum times, and with me driving the final stint I came out of the pits 100 yds behind BAA in third. I was able to catch and pass them in a few laps for 2nd. I was driving at a good pace to try to get a cushion between 2nd and third when I got a call that BAA was in the pits for an unscheduled stop. I found out later that they had brushed the wall at the end Nascar turn 4. Because we were 6 laps down on F1 wanna bes there was no reason (it seemed) to press hard to continue pressing hard and I backed down a bit. I passed the wanna bes a few times but assumed they were just getting rid of MOV and also saving the car. I found out later that they had a chunked tire and were low on brake pads. I'm not sure if I could have caught them if I had pressed on my whole stint or not. Regardless we were very happy with 2nd.

Nothing that happened at impound tarnished how much we enjoyed the race. It was a well fought battle among some established well managed teams with good driving. I'm ready for the next one.

Ok, in the spirit of impound...

This blender had it's cog drive gear lightened, the glass has been replaced by (undeclared) lexan, the ice appeared to be pre-cracked to facilitate faster blending and to top it off, the tequila was obviously a higher proof than indicated on the label.  These guys pulled away from the light beer guzzling racers with an clear advantage.  Bravo.

• Like 1

• Technical Advisory Committee

Ok, in the spirit of impound...

This blender had it's cog drive gear lightened, the glass has been replaced by (undeclared) lexan, the ice appeared to be pre-cracked to facilitate faster blending and to top it off, the tequila was obviously a higher proof than indicated on the label.  These guys pulled away from the light beer guzzling racers with an clear advantage.  Bravo.

Since it is my blender, I feel I should openly list the mods to the blender:

1) It came with a glass enclosure.....but i was worried about it breaking and I replaced it with an upgraded Lexan model. 

2) A TBR sticker was added to increase its reliability.

3) We added a higher flow cooling fan and an aftermarket heat sink as well. 

The blend started with only a $17 MPV, so I think it is a legit no lap blender. 

• Like 2