Well my fellow chumps, the Turkey Rod Run is creeping up on us again. For those that missed last year, it was a great gathering of Chumps away from the pressures of the normal race weekend. We spoke to what felt like thousands about ChumpCar and road racing in general. For the first time ever, I was tired of talking about The Sled and ChumpCar by Sunday. For further info and pictures from last year visit http://forum.chumpcar.com/index.php?/topic/8226-turkey-rod-run-presence/page-6

In 2014 we will once again be compiling a group of rustic racers for a club spot inside the Turkey Rod Run on November 27-30.  For those that wish to join us, ChumpCar has graciously offered to pick up the entry tab and award ChumpChange for each team. I will incur the initial expenses and be reimbursed by ChumpCar. We'll collect the names of the team manager/car owner and Mike C. will credit ChumpChange to that team.  Each vehicle entered get four admission passes and last year if you were in a registered car they waved you through the gate without checking.

Warning: it is on Thanksgiving weekend, hence the turkey part for those that have other commitments. I also realize for many it would hinge on the outcome of Sebring and/or AMP. While there is no race the week before like last year, the Eastern Region Chumpionship is the weekend after for those attending.

This event was thought up with fun in mind. The goal was to get the local Chumps and others that wanted to join us together to have a good time while representing ChumpCar to an audience of car people. I understand it's a holiday weekend many spend with family and I don't want to intrude on that. Hopefully you'll bring the family and friends out to join the fun but all of us at some point will have things we are committed to already. I would mainly like to have a decent group of cars representing ChumpCar out at the track Friday and Saturday as that's the big (and most fun) days for the show. If we can show the car at the speedway while you're doing other activities great, if not we'll survive. I don't want anyone to feel trapped into hanging out the entire time or feel obligated to follow us every minute throughout the weekend. 

Well, who’s in?

Even if you’re a maybe chime in because I need an idea of how many chumpers will be present to have enough club spots. Vehicles can be registered after this but the club spots (or lack of) get locked in on a first come first serve basis.

Link to turkey run site: http://www.turkeyrun...y_Run_Home.html

• Like 3

While not required for the car show, cruising A1A at night will require the vehicle to be street legal. Here is how we are going to tag our car for the weekend if this helps.

Transferring the tag off my truck onto the Lincoln, purchasing a 30 day temporary tag for the truck, at the end of 30 days transferring it back to the truck.

This is the most economical way of registering the car for the short term at around $15 ($7.00 for the swap, $7.00 for the temp tag). You are allowed in Florida two temporary plates a year per vehicle. You can only get a temporary plate for a vehicle that was registered in your name prior hence the swap. Hope this helps.

Speedway Creations...   I will hopefully have my info sign redone by then...    I'm really just coming to hang out with you guys, every other time we are all together there is always some stupid race or something going on...

• Like 4

Had a good time last year, sadly we can not attend as I bought a house 3 weeks ago and have had no spare time between sleep, work and renovations...

Do Recommend!

People used to ask me what my hobbies were and my reply was "I'm a homeowner". Those that owned houses complety understood.

• Like 1

People used to ask me what my hobbies were and my reply was "I'm a homeowner". Those that owned houses complety understood.

First house and it needs some love, I really have been ignoring Sebring prep a lil too much, 4 or 5 pm and I split work to home depo then bang away until I can no longer move, go back to my soon-to-be former home and pass out, no time to even sort through here for more then 5 min before the sandman catches up.

Saying that.. People really need to do the Turkey Rod Run show Chump style, send the team member whom loves attention, bring  the car and any trophy's, heck borrow a couple of ours if needed, the crowd was very positive, John will pick up the tab and toss chump bucks at those that attend, bring the team or 3 friends.

If any South East teams are on the fence about coming out, don't hesitate to PM and I'll give you my cell number to discuss in detail if you wish.  

Last year was a lot of fun, the crowd response was awesome and just meeting some of the fellow chumps in a non-race environment was a cool experience all its own.  It was amazing the number of people who knew about Chump and were actually building cars, but with so many car people in one place, it seemed anyone within view was curious enough to see what all the commotion was about.

I plan on bringing a TV and a laptop to run videos from this year as long as I can get power squared away, so be sure to bring SD cards if you have them. 

If for no other reason, the Lead Sled Lincoln will be there and they always seem to pull a crowd.  Here it is in action at last years show...  ;)

1477677_495189023927687_726384239_n.jpg?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I think I'm going to tag and insurance my car...  it will only cost me $120 a year for insurance, the tag is $20 yearly, but I will have to pay the sales tax, but that should only be 50-80 bucks one time...  

I figured I could tag and insurance the car cheaper than towing it to autox events and paying entry fees to test/break-in stuff...   it would make it a lot easier to move across town when I could legally drive it on the street.....

Funny thing, you know we have basically finished 6 out of 7th races we have ran in two years of chump.  And dad and I had never raced cars before, period...  

But I'm pretty excited about not having to sneak around on the side streets to move the car around town...

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Good News...  the Rx7 survived AMP.. sort of...   I had to replace the oil cooler and block off the left rear brake caliper on Saturday night until 1 am...  Dad had to meet someone in Macon with the spare oil cooler as I had not packed it into the truck...

During Sunday we broke the left front strut and the left front brake line while changing the strut, and I have a left front sway bar bushing this is completely gone...    but it runs!!!   100+ hours on our rotary engine over two seasons...   so I'm planning on being at the show... 

• Like 2

Sorry guys, been busy so I haven't been keeping up with the thread. We have four cars registered and a club spot paid for. 

Cars in attendance will be:

1. Lead Sled Lincoln (The Sled, no intro needed)

2. Turbo Fox Racing (Fox Mustang)

3. Speedway Creations (2nd Gen RX-7)

4. Flying Duece (1st gen RX-7)  

I'll let you know when I recieve the post cars from Daytona Beach Street Rods.

Engine parts are in, the 711 Turbo Fox Mustang will be under it's own power for the Turkey Rod Run and may even have a plate on it if i can get the insurance sorted out.

I think we need to do some go-karting on Friday night?

They have a go-cart track at LolliPops, I've never seen it. Guess we'll have to check that out :) .

• Like 2