• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had a great time with PNR #33 both Saturday + Sunday. This car loves the Ridge!   Saturday first race we finished 4th, I think had a chance for a podium...was pretty close But driving in the rain w

I don't think that was a miscalculation, just the normal way E36 drivers are...

Actually, it was a big miscalculation on my part.  That was my normal entry, but I failed to warm the tires sufficiently and the rear end started coming around.  Thank goodness I didn't collect Rusty

Great racing!  It looks like you had some fun with the #925, too bad it was ruined by the flat tire.

I should have the perspective from the #925, do you recall what time of day that was?

Thanks!  I really enjoyed that stint, the first hour of Monday's race.  Such close racing, I loved it.

It was the right front hub and axle nut that broke.  We fixed it, and the left side promptly let go 30 minutes later  :blink:

Great racing!  It looks like you had some fun with the #925, too bad it was ruined by the flat tire.

I should have the perspective from the #925, do you recall what time of day that was?

Here's the view from #925

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsFxE_O8ufc&list=UUxGyRhLK-MRmwNJpjHUtB1w

Here is a close call from Sunday morning.  We're still not sure what caused the initial braking but it's sure unique to see an entire E36 bumper through the passenger side window!

Dan couldn't tell what the braking was for either. Here's the view from #441 Cheaty Polizei. (Sorry, our camera picks up a lot of wind noise.)

Check out #925 in the mirror! Kudos for the avoidance maneuver Mitch! (you got yer beer already!!!)

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byx0aIklm8M

We're still not sure what caused the initial braking but it's sure unique to see an entire E36 bumper through the passenger side window!

Dan couldn't tell what the braking was for either.

Sometimes it's hard to see those yellow flags when your attention is elsewhere ... ;)

A good time to remind everyone that a yellow flag doesn't mean slow abruptly. :o

• Like 1

Sometimes it's hard to see those yellow flags when your attention is elsewhere ... ;)

A good time to remind everyone that a yellow flag doesn't mean slow abruptly. :o

Good eye, mender, I didn't look for any flags in the videos. No bent metal so no harm done, 'cept maybe some flat spots.

Our video was more washed out than the Chotchkie's (925) but in both videos, to me, the flag looked more like a white than a yellow. Hey, maybe it's my eyes, But you can see the turn 1 station sticks out a white flag just as the Rover apexes, then pulls it in. Looks like we were not alone not seeing that flag as a yellow, seeing that the other cars kept racing.

But I agree, the main point is there is no need to slow abruptly unless you really need to.

Rusty Rotors had a great time at the Ridge - again.

Love the track.

On Saturday morning the rain was bit heavy at times...

Saturday afternoon was drier and lots of fun although we had a very close call.

>http://youtu.be/x5f24Xk6mi8

What kind of DAQ are you running that overlays with your video?

does anybody know if there were any trackside photographers who got some pics?

One of our crew took a ton of photos from the corkscrew, what car are you looking for photos of?

What kind of DAQ are you running that overlays with your video?

The GPS data is recorded using Wifilapper on an android tablet that is also the in-car lap time display.

The two camera views, the GPS data and other pictures etc are overlayed with Race Render software.

The GPS data is recorded using Wifilapper on an android tablet that is also the in-car lap time display.

The two camera views, the GPS data and other pictures etc are overlayed with Race Render software.

I don't know what all that means... but I'm gonna give that information to some 14 year old kid so they can explain it to me... so we can TRY IT!  :P

• Like 1

Great multi-lap battle with the BMW of Blazing Mapleleaf Wunderkinder during Sunday's 9 hour race. Lost him a few times in traffic then caught back up. He had a lot more power which made the car hard to pass. I was side by side at the exit of 6 at one point, but we had a yellow heading down the hill into 7, so I let him go instead of risking a penalty. Also had him entering 10-11, but saw a white flag and let him go for the same reason (didn't realize passing was ok under white flag). I finally got him for good...about 3 laps before the car blew up

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlMqCwWscU8&feature=youtu.be

Do you know what time of the day it was when the incident with #14 (blue Fiero) occurred (8:05 in your video)? I'd like to have a talk with the appropriate driver of my car about that.

My apologies for running you off the road and thank you for avoiding contact.  

Do you know what time of the day it was when the incident with #14 (blue Fiero) occurred (8:05 in your video)? I'd like to have a talk with the appropriate driver of my car about that.

I'll tell ya what time it was.... it was Fiero "push ya in the weeds" time!!!!!  :P

• Like 1

No worries! It looks like it was about 10:50am on Sunday.

Okay, thanks! I'll talk to him.

I remember passing you early, about lap 4 at the same corner and was pretty sure I had left enough room for you. Do you have video of that? I had to get out of the car shortly afterward, I think my McD's breakfast was protesting. :blink: