AMP video

blackjackT7

Here is Yoda Racing's (blue MR2) video of the wreck at the Saturday 30 min mark. We lost some power on the last lap prior to the indecent. Sorry for all the guys who had there day ruined due to this, just a sucky situation. We drove from Indianapolis, It was my birthday, and no one got to drive the car. I'm sure some of the other cars involved have similar story's.

The accident happened on the video at roughly 30 Min.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g56d5lrupUs

• Like 1

Dang! Blackjack, I think I counted about 4 or 5 hits. Glad you're ok!

I was close behind it when it happened. Came out of turn six and thru 7 all I could see was a huge cloud of tire smoke.

I used to have an 88 supercharged MR2. I loved that car! I beat on it like a rented mule. It's like a 4 wheeled motorcycle.

Hope you come back soon, it was fun racing with you!

I don't have any video yet, but AMP was wild and wooly all weekend. We came away with only 1 dent in our R front fender.

My Go Pro was not working when the Camaro lost it's brakes coming into T1 on Sunday and went into the tirewall backwards, right in front of me as I was beginning to turn in. I talked to the driver later and thanked him for missing me.   :o   Glad he is OK, too. I think we were both a little skeered for a moment.

• Like 1

Glad you're OK.  I was the other MR2 driver.  I came in thinking someone tagged you and spun you into me.  We were way down on power, so I thought something was up with your car once you stopped pulling on me.  We would have been the second impact in the video, when you start spinning back to the right.  Your left front hit the back part of my numberplate and then back to the wheel, which took a pretty hard impact.   That made me think you got spun rather than incidental side contact.  I'd have to see the other video though.  Either way, I'm glad you're ok.  There were a lot of cars in a very small area there.  

Yea, it was defiantly crazy. I was actually not the one in the car when this happened. We put one of our rental drivers in for the first stint. Lucky he was unscathed. Stinks that so many car got taken out so early. We actually went to a local pullapart in ATL Saturday afternoon,  where they surprisingly had 2 MKI MR2's. So we ravaged them and now have 98% of all the parts to put it back together. We need to have it all back together for the VIR race in December, which we will be at come hell or high water. My 1 concern is the low power issue though.

Yea not a good time for the turbo cars for sure. I think what started it was the silver MR2 on the left came over into us, i doubt he could see us since we were in his blind spot. Once he hit us we hit whoever was next to us, then it was all down hill from there.

Our car is the black E30 that was hit right after your car and the other MR2 came together. We do have very good clear video of the incident, however it's on my teammates laptop. I'll try to get it loaded here soon. We were running top 5 at the time, lost a while while we removed your bumper from our door. We had it in the pit for you (it was probably reuseable) but never saw you.

I dont want to be judgemental, as I have seen the video, but you haven't. It looks a bit like your guy kinda went straight where the track and line go a little right. However, the other thing that probably contributed to the severity of the incident was the amount of tire sticking outside the fender of the silver MR2. It appears that when the two cars got together, the rear tire of your car rode up their tire and it immediately turned your car into ours.

Once the initial contact occurred, it's unlikely anyone behind could have stopped in time to miss your car. There was a tightly bunched pack at the time of the incident.

Glad to hear your driver was ok.

• Like 2

I appreciate the videos to see what happened from other views.  If anybody else has any, please post them.  Its still hard to tell how that whole incident got started.   The bill to get our car fixed keeps adding up.  Losing our down payment on VIR in December didnt help either, nor the loss of the chance for 1 more race this year. 

• Like 1

Our car is the black E30 that was hit right after your car and the other MR2 came together. We do have very good clear video of the incident, however it's on my teammates laptop. I'll try to get it loaded here soon. We were running top 5 at the time, lost a while while we removed your bumper from our door. We had it in the pit for you (it was probably reuseable) but never saw you.

I dont want to be judgemental, as I have seen the video, but you haven't. It looks a bit like your guy kinda went straight where the track and line go a little right. However, the other thing that probably contributed to the severity of the incident was the amount of tire sticking outside the fender of the silver MR2. It appears that when the two cars got together, the rear tire of your car rode up their tire and it immediately turned your car into ours.

Once the initial contact occurred, it's unlikely anyone behind could have stopped in time to miss your car. There was a tightly bunched pack at the time of the incident.

Glad to hear your driver was ok.

Thats what I thought too looking at the video. It really looks like the two MR2's rubbed up against each other and maybe the tires contacted. I don't see the guy in the Yoda car turn right to set up for the next turn so possibly they both contributed to it? There did seem to be a lot of carnage at this race including us. I was told it was a tight technical track and boy was it :) 

a few laps behind randy pobst (red volvo turbo) from the end of sunday's race.  we had a two lap lead so i backed off the pace after a few laps to make sure we finished.  good thing too because this is what the LF tire looked like!

1476115_754176461297970_7799995945520842

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rLcT1jVVkQ

• Like 1

Sunday race start from the John Allen Special.  Driver's first time in wheel to wheel competition.

You guys started right behind me and if I'm not mistaken we finished within 4 seconds of each other at the end...   and I know we had a good 30 minutes in the paddock for a broken strut/broken brake line....  amazing how things work out after the time in these races...

a few laps behind randy pobst (red volvo turbo) from the end of sunday's race.  we had a two lap lead so i backed off the pace after a few laps to make sure we finished.  good thing too because this is what the LF tire looked like!

1476115_754176461297970_7799995945520842

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rLcT1jVVkQ

Jason,

You were saved with the 30 min red flag, not sure those tires would have lasted much longer.