2014 West Region Chumpionship Las Vegas

raceydiva

Regarding the Socket Monkeys: For some reason the car wouldn't take fuel in the pit - either they didn't use as much as they thought (we did have some yellows prior to this last pit). We didn't use as much as we thought either. They jack the car up to help the fueling but still a lot of fuel ended up on the ground. They are now back on the track in 6th. 

Your Chumpette Reporter... 

Awesome Racing Chumps!

The Official Results are in!
They can be online at viewed at :

http://www.mylaps.com/results/showevent.jsp?id=1099020
Or for download on Google drive at:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B3sE_eBHunfsT2RrRjJNLS1kWG8&usp=sharing

This marks one year for me as your West Coast Timing and Scoring official :) thanks to all of you for such and amazing first year. And a special Thanks to Cathy, Chris, Sandi, and my mom Marcia for introducing me to this wonderful and wild family. 
Here's to more chumpy races in 2015!

~Ben Blas
Timing and Scoring

• Like 1

We roasted our engine ~1/2 lap after the green flag dropped on Saturday (can we update timing to show partial laps?).  Maybe it was karma for questionable racing in our past, bad luck, or most likely just the stupidity that started with buying a Porsche.  Either way, it was still fun hanging out with everyone.  I'd like to say thanks very much to everyone that helped us out, let us borrow tools, offered advice, sold us parts, or offered sincere condolances and words of encouragement (there were many).  This was another reminder that Chumps make a rad crowd!  Hopefully seeing us on jack stands all day at least served as a reminder how lucky we are to get to turn some laps.

-Mike, Nocturnal Emissions Racing

1986 Porsche 944

Well, I'm not home yet, but the Vegas hotel room will work for now.

Took the 914 to our first race and it's no surprise she needs a little work on finishing a race, but we had a great time and were close enough to the fast time of the weekend to be encouraged.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwYeGld7m9D2cDZwYXQzSFp6bm5SQTcxNXduX1IwZW9NY3Bz&authuser=0

The track was really good...enough turns to be technical but wide enough to allow passing most anywhere.

This being our first Chumpionship, we were a little concerned reading the race report from AMP, but our experience this weekend was hugely encouraging for us as drivers and me as a car owner - the racing was clean and fun.

Can't wait to run around another asymum again with you chumps as soon as we can get the cooling, gearbox, clutch, fueling, radio button, leaking oil and carburetor problems fixed :unsure:

• Like 3

It was great seeing the 914 out there and you guys never gave up.  Good for you.  However, can I ask that you add "handling" to that list?  You had enough spins that, had we awarded our usual "(dis)Honorable Mention Awards", your team would probably have earned the Maytag Spin-Cycle Award.   :lol:

And, without doubt, the "ON THE HOOK" award would have gone to the Austin-Healey Frite that came out from Kansas.  While still a "development car," it had more than it's share of mechanical issues.  I think that the emergency team got more laps doing flat tows for the Frite than the Frite got on the track!

All-in-all, it was one of the best race weekends we've had out West.  Great racing, close competition, great track and perfect 65-70 degree weather.

Me thinks there was a certain BMW that may have won the most offs and gravel spread award.

• Like 2

ugh, that was frustrating. 

Congrats to Mad Greeks! What a superb team. If anyone else was to win i'm glad they did. Good work fella's!

We were one pitstop away from a win... I figure something got dropped down our fuel fill neck as we couldn't get any fuel in the car or very little. I was sick watching our lead/win slip through our hands. 

We had one small off and no black flags or issues all race. I really did enjoy the track layout. Kept ya busy. 

Next year!!!

• Like 4

Well where to start....... blew radiator on tow rig on fri just out of baker, waited 7 hours for other team mate to bring closest radiator to us from L.A.  ......... only took 13 hours from L.A. to vegas ......... we got 5 hours of race time before turning our engine inside out on the back stretch, I hope we at least got some "OHHHHH'S" from the crowd and hopefully I didnt ruin the racing line for everyone after that.   the tow  rig broke down again on the way to the hotel Sat. afternoon. (thank you cowmaro team for towing us). saw a dead body on the side of the road on Sun afternoon just outside of Primm and only took 13 hours to get home.   all in all we had a good time (like ALWAYS)    it was nice drinking all you can on Sat night..... thanks to the CHUMP STAFF and all the driver/friends for a great 2014..... we will be ready in FEB

• Like 3

Congrats to Mad Greeks! What a superb team. If anyone else was to win i'm glad they did. Good work fella's!

We were one pitstop away from a win... I figure something got dropped down our fuel fill neck as we couldn't get any fuel in the car or very little. I was sick watching our lead/win slip through our hands. 

We had one small off and no black flags or issues all race. I really did enjoy the track layout. Kept ya busy. 

Next year!!!

That was really hard to watch unfold.

• Like 1

Guest posnova

Next year!!!

You've gotta tell us all what it was, definitively, when you figure out.