When Hill Freezes Over - Official Results Thread

Brockstar

Greetings from a SPECTACULARLY beautiful opening race day at H2R!

Here are the results:

Saturday:

1st: Eleven Tenths Racing

2nd: Lonestar Racers

3rd: Nismorons

Click HERE for results.

Click HERE for lap times.

Sunday:

1st: Lonestar Racers

2nd: Looney Tunes

3rd: Basil Weenie Racing

Click HERE for results.

Click HERE for lap times.

Overall Results on Mylaps - CLICK HERE.

See y'all at the second half of this cumulative 24 at Texas Motor Speedway!

Edited by Brockstar

Trouble for our team today. I started in last place (thanks Mike) and worked my way to 3rd. Our next driver got tangled up with another car and broke the sway bar link. Long story short, 2 hours later day 1 race was near ending. New link installed, hoping for a better day tomorrow.

• Like 1

It was good to see a lot of new teams at Harris Hill but a word of advise, if you don't mind.

If you loose control of your car ( and we all have ) after your stint and find the team you hit and apologize or at least explain your side of the story. You don't want to be known as " that team".

Watch your mirrors. If they didn't work well, replace them. Personally we like the wink mirrors. Gives you lots of information at a quick glance. 

If your going down a straightaway and your in the middle of the track, your in a bad spot. Smoothly pick a side.

Ok enough of that.

I had a blast racing with the #130, #323 and #62 Miatas. Those car were brutally fast through the corners. Thankfully Harris Hill has a couple of straightaways that let us use the small advantage in horsepower to kind of keep up. 

Highlight was tearing up the track with Ronnie's BAD BOY 66 Mustang at the end of the race. People probably thought we were out of our minds. By the way, I would like to apologize for some of Ronnie's questionable moves at the end of the race. :lol:    

• Like 2

We had a great time this weekend even though we had issues on sat.  The day started off with water temp issues, then after we got that figured out we were black flagged for being to loud.  After trying to fix it with a band-aid we finally welded a new muffler to the car after the race. (in chris' video) Sunday we ran fairly well.  I did make contact with night fury on sunday and never got a chance to go over and appoligize.  I am truly sorry about that.  There was about 6 of us going into the hairpin and i was trying to get to the far left to give everyone room and ran into you.  I never saw you it was all my fault and I'm sorry.  Beside that we had a pretty good day on sun.  See everyone at tms.

• Like 1

We had a great time this weekend even though we had issues on sat.  The day started off with water temp issues, then after we got that figured out we were black flagged for being to loud.  After trying to fix it with a band-aid we finally welded a new muffler to the car after the race. (in chris' video) Sunday we ran fairly well.  I did make contact with night fury on sunday and never got a chance to go over and appoligize.  I am truly sorry about that.  There was about 6 of us going into the hairpin and i was trying to get to the far left to give everyone room and ran into you.  I never saw you it was all my fault and I'm sorry.  Beside that we had a pretty good day on sun.  See everyone at tms.

This was one of the Miatas we didn't fear. Just messing with ya Pete. 

Always the best attitude of any team in the paddock. Two Beaners and a Bucket rock.

• Like 1

Highlight was tearing up the track with Ronnie's BAD BOY 66 Mustang at the end of the race. People probably thought we were out of our minds. By the way, I would like to apologize for some of Ronnie's questionable moves at the end of the race. :lol:    

Hey!!!! This wouldn't be funny, if it wasn't true.  :lol:
  • Like 1

Heh, I had a blast. Wrote up the whole experience over on the Japolnets, complete with a bunch of photos. I was wandering around with a camera, but I'm really bad about uploading photos. Let me know if you're looking for a specific car, though, and I'll see if I got anything good!

glad you had a good time and good to see you back on the horse

On sunday after lunch or around lunch time i was in our car doing a stint.  I was heading into the turn before the dam turn and ahead of me the yellow and blue miata was flying by cars, as usual.  It was in between two cars lining up to make the turn.  All of a sudden he touched tires with the car to the outside of him, and next thing you know the car was airborne.  The other car (cant remember which one it was) was so startled that they just ended up going straight instead of turning.  I was just wondering if anyone had video of this?  Sure would be cool to see again!

Heh, I had a blast. Wrote up the whole experience over on the Japolnets, complete with a bunch of photos. I was wandering around with a camera, but I'm really bad about uploading photos. Let me know if you're looking for a specific car, though, and I'll see if I got anything good!

Great article. Glad you gave Chump another chance. As much time and effort we put into our machines nobody wants to see one get damaged or worse destroyed. Hope to see you and your team at another Chump race soon.

Ditto.

As for driving in traffic, it comes down to trusting your abilities. And knowing which other cars you can trust.

There are teams that have been around a while that I have no qualms about dicing it up with. There are other teams I don't trust any further than I can throw my Optima battery.

Speaking of der fatherland cars, I had a great time racing with the green Porsche on Sunday morning.

• Like 2

Ditto.

As for driving in traffic, it comes down to trusting your abilities. And knowing which other cars you can trust.

There are teams that have been around a while that I have no qualms about dicing it up with. There are other teams I don't trust any further than I can throw my Optima battery.

Speaking of der fatherland cars, I had a great time racing with the green Porsche on Sunday morning.

Tobey,

that was a blast! easily 4-5 passes back and forth while dicing our way though traffic.