Roll-X Challenge April 18-19 Pac Raceway

Aleru

44 cars -- so what's all this stuff about "Western Region isn't doing so hot"? ;)

We will see what happens when Thunderhill and Fontana roll around. Maybe it isn't all of the west. Maybe it is California. I am hoping they are stealthily filling up. No one seems to be talking about the dates much on the forums. No one seems to be encouraging signups. So maybe they are doing fine. 

I hope so. I can't talk because my team can't go to either this year but I really hope the races are doing okay for everyone else that is looking forward to them and for the good of ChumpCar in California.

As far as this race goes, congrats to Curtis from the guy that slept on your floor in Vegas.

Guest posnova

Hey all,

Today's finishing order (Sunday) had a few changes. The first is that #410 Scrap Attack's transponder failed due to low power - a hard wired unit in their car. I'll let curtwill tell the story when he makes it home. Everyone at the track could clearly see they were still on track making laps. That one was easy to fix, and is the reason for the discrepancy of laps completed versus lap chart as noted above.

There was a driving protest of an infraction regarding car #80 killer whale. The video was conclusive and the protest was upheld. A 2 lap penalty (approximately 3:30 in time) was levied against the team.

There was a whole lot of conjecture and finger pointing, but no official protest on the FRASUN BMW 328is.

If killer whale got knocked off podium for a missed pass under yellow farsun should have been knocked out for only having only one brake light for half the race or more which I pointed out while he was being held at pit out.

Just sayin' I think that was a pretty weak call

Guest posnova

I'm in a tough position either way. If I uphold the rules as written, I'm persecuted for being heartless and not complying with the "spirit." If I don't enforce them, it's the other side of the coin. And just for uniformity's sake, we'll call Phil. Phil didn't answer, but we called him twice.

Carry on :)

I'm in a tough position either way. If I uphold the rules as written, I'm persecuted for being heartless and not complying with the "spirit." If I don't enforce them, it's the other side of the coin. And just for uniformity's sake, we'll call Phil. Phil didn't answer, but we called him twice.

This seems to say that the spirit is that there are no rules. 

So after being notified of a car that is in clear violation of a safety rule that is an easy fix you allowed a car to continue to race.  This is not a spirit I can support and there should be no need to call anyone for uniformity.

Brake Lights:
At all times and in any format of ChumpCar event, each car must have at least two (2) working brake lights that are easily seen from the rear.
No car shall have more than four (4) total brake lights.

Headlight and taillight assemblies (and all associated hardware) are considered safety items and do not count toward your car’s TCV.

Enforce, change or throw out the damn rules!

Edited by Superdave
  • Like 2

Not the best first weekend for our new E30, but had a blast none the less.  Thanks everyone who stopped by to toss in their two cents about how to fix our car!  

The Titleist was strong all weekend for us though!

Edited by h8orade

Regardless of the fact that I might have handled this a bit differently as a competitor, as an official, I believe you have to enforce the rules...no need to apologize.  Just as a judge might not agree with a law, but has a duty to enforce it.

• Like 1