Road America - Landjaeger Cup 2015 Official Results thread

Brockstar

Greetings from beautiful Road America!  We were blessed with SPECTACULAR racing weather this weekend - in fact, the finest weather we've ever had here.  The racing was great and the people equally so.  We can't wait to return in October!

Here are the official results for the weekend:

Saturday

1st: #176 JSK Racing

2nd: #39 Chump Faces

3rd: #99 Basil Weenie Racing

Results: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-XhNgXfcWhgSWpJT1FEeWRmdTg/view?usp=sharing

Lap Times: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-XhNgXfcWhgZkRLa1VFTUthaTA/view?usp=sharing

Sunday

1st: #99 Basil Weenie Racing

2nd: #39 Chump Faces

3rd: #135 Stinky Rat Trap Racing

Results: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-XhNgXfcWhgV2JFLW9RU09aWWM/view?usp=sharing

Lap Times: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-XhNgXfcWhgVFhJUUVtMXM2UkU/view?usp=sharing

MyLaps Results Link: http://www.mylaps.com/en/events/1126429

• Like 2

We had a great time despite some fuel starvation issues and a burst coolant line.  Great track and a great group of people to race with.

We also had horrible fuel starvation. The car stopped on track at one point. I was forced to swerve the car to get fuel back to the pump.

I tried to stay away from other cars when swerving. Hopefully we didn't make anyone too nervous.

We had a great time this weekend, 

Saturday we fought some nagging cooling issues, which turned out to be a dead water pump. We also had the problem of fuel starvation after every left hand corner, as anyone coming up behind us out of 5,6,8,11a,13a will attest to. At one point even died on track and had to restart. 

Sunday we figured out a fix to our coolant issue! We bought a farm grade transfer pump from fleet farm and plumbed it in. It wasnt perfect, but it got us running. We got a good amount of time on track on sunday, and are very pleased with the development of the car. Our little water pump held togethter all the way until the last lap, then melted in spectacular fashion!

• Like 1

From the volunteer side of the pits, we decided it might be fun to help work an event and thought what a better racetrack to help with then RA. 

Three of our team members came along and had a great time working as pit marshal's. Would like to thank all the teams for working with us and understanding

as we hoped for a safe and uneventful weekend, all played well.

I would highly recommend any other teams consider helping with a race as we all had a great time.

Thanks to all!

Edited by 55mini
  • Like 1

Had a great time doing our first event with our new Tiburon considering we were battling brake issues all weekend. Gotta go back to the drawing board with those. A number of times the fronts would go and only had the rears, which would want to turn the car around instantly. Once I adjusted to driving around the brake troubles, the car was really fast and I was able to set some really solid times!

Oh, and sorry to everyone about how loud it was. The flex pipe failed and we had to just have straight header dumps! Lol!

Looking forward to getting the brakes sorted and heading to Hastings.

• Like 1

Thanks Glen & ABR for the seat on Sunday. Unfortunately I completed the destruction of the differential and had to pit early to get it changed.

RA continues to be my nemesis. Broken diff, broken trans (w/ Holy Rollers) and the totalling of our civic the last 3 times i've been there. I'm also generally just really slow even when I'm in a working car.

Also unfortunate that my DSM brethren (RBanks racing) weren't able to pull off a clean day. When it was running right that thing was unstoppably fast. Glad I could help them find some reliability on sunday with some spare parts.

Someday i'll best that track!

Edited by SlugWorks Paul

• Technical Advisory Committee

Had a great time doing our first event with our new Tiburon considering we were battling brake issues all weekend. Gotta go back to the drawing board with those. A number of times the fronts would go and only had the rears, which would want to turn the car around instantly. Once I adjusted to driving around the brake troubles, the car was really fast and I was able to set some really solid times!

Oh, and sorry to everyone about how loud it was. The flex pipe failed and we had to just have straight header dumps! Lol!

Looking forward to getting the brakes sorted and heading to Hastings.

Wait...... tiburon...... what? Is the CR-X for sale?

I'll let Ben fully answer that one... In the meantime we were able to pick up one of my old stage rally cars on a fire-sale and apparently it fits within the rules of Chump, so we're rocking that until we figure out Lana (the CRX).  Still shaking rocks out of the undercarriage on this damn car!

We (Organized Chaos) had front brake issues (again) which led to a late spin that caused some major rear wheel attachment issues, so we couldn't race Sunday.  Had a lot of fun on Saturday, this car is a blast to drive but slow down the straights.   I will agree that most of the driving was quite polite - I only had a couple of issues with specific cars (more than once with one of them).   Great job by the Chump staff and everyone was in a good mood - but what happened to "quiet time" in the pits?  2 AM? Really?

Lana gave us everything she had to win the Chumpionship last year. She got put into the turn 2 wall hard with 45 minutes to go, but still had enough to bring the win home. However, the chassis is pretty well spent and needs a complete rebuild. I'm taking my time in finding a cleanish chassis and I'm enjoying the Tib alot more than I expected. Pam is deceivingly quick! When Lana does come back, it'll be with a major vengeance! Muahahaha....

Team Mid Life Crisis thanks everyone for a great weekend.  Very clean racing.  Special thanks to F1 1ABs for the parts and guidence and to ABR for the 42MM socket (Glen, where did you get that by the way?).

Also thanks to the TBR folks for some advice on why we have so many tranny problems.

To the ChumpStaff:  Overall a very well run event from our perspective.  Sorry that we snaked your house out from under you.   

42mm socket: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006L2320G/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Congrats to F1 1ABs for completing the most laps on Sunday  B)

We couldn't get anywhere near the pace out of the car that we had last October, did the repave slow anyone else down? Might be time for some new tires :(

Edited by ABR-Glen

• Technical Advisory Committee

Also thanks to the TBR folks for some advice on why we have so many tranny problems.

We ran into some tranny problems at a Walmart in Jacksonville Florida. Please advise how to avoid in the future. 

42mm socket: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006L2320G/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Congrats to F1 1ABs for completing the most laps on Sunday. 

We couldn't get anywhere near the pace out of the car that we had last October, did the repave slow anyone else down? Might be time for some new tires :(

Great Job Richard and team!

• Like 1

The repave or whatever it was cost us a car.  Back to the drawing board for us but we will be at Donny Brooke!

We ran into some tranny problems at a Walmart in Jacksonville Florida. Please advise how to avoid in the future. 

Great Job Richard and team!

Team Mid Life Crisis thanks everyone for a great weekend.  Very clean racing.  Special thanks to F1 1ABs for the parts and guidence and to ABR for the 42MM socket (Glen, where did you get that by the way?).

To the ChumpStaff:  Overall a very well run event from our perspective.  Sorry that we snaked your house out from under you.   

Scott, You are more than welcome.  I hate to see teams having problems and/or leaving early.  You kept at it, in true Chumpcar Spirit. It should get better for you guys going forward.

I thought we had a chance for podium on Sunday, but our fuel starvation was worse than ever.  Then for the last two hours the tranny wouldn't hold 4th. Amazingly I found another tranny on our way home yesterday.  Craigslist is a wonderful thing.

I know you like running Z1s, but at this point whatever you can find has been sitting around long enough that maybe the old hard tires are getting slow?

There is no new pavement since last year.  The weather was not cooperative pre event to get the paving done.  The mill is actually out on track now taking care of 5, 6, 8, and 14.  New pavement to come in the next couple days.

Apologies to any team we may have given a hard time to in our Miata.  Ran the last stint on Sunday without 4th. 

Have some nice video of a couple spins right in front of me.  One being that of the the CYR BMW into the wall at 5.  Will post once I get time to muddle through the 14 hrs of video.

I know you like running Z1s, but at this point whatever you can find has been sitting around long enough that maybe the old hard tires are getting slow?

Probably, but I just like them because I found them cheap. Not too interested in spending money on faster tires when I have a 540 point MPV and chew up rear diffs every other race. I have data from both races, so should be able to pinpoint the lost time, just curious if others saw the same thing.

There is no new pavement since last year.  The weather was not cooperative pre event to get the paving done.  The mill is actually out on track now taking care of 5, 6, 8, and 14.  New pavement to come in the next couple days.

There goes that excuse, I thought the patches on 6 and 8 seemed new, I guess we need to race there more than twice a year :)

Edited by ABR-Glen