A Camaro finished a race!

chisek

• Race Control

Wow, what an event! The heat was miserable but the racing was awesome. Thanks to the ChumpCar staff for running another smooth event and showing us racers a good time. Hat tip to the corner workers as well. They stood out in that heat all day and did an awesome job.

This was our first trip to Roebling Road and it is a fast track! Loved it. And while our Camaro finished near the bottom of the pack both days (what do you expect with 10 minute pit stops every hour?), it FINISHED BOTH DAYS! Thanks for that goes to Jimmy and his guys for helping get the car up to par and race ready. We managed a 1:31.7 and hit 138 mph at the end of the straight. In an automatic tranny car. It can be done.

All of the competitors were great and I lost track of how many people I met and got into conversations with. There was some seriously fast cars there and the competition on track was great. The party back at the hotel was fun too. You guys almost got all of us kicked out of a Red Roof!

Looking forward to Sebring. You ready Matt and Leo?

Great job to the Camaro and Team RamRod. It is about time you had some luck on your side. Glad to have seen the yellow submarine out there tearing up the track. You at least beat the Jetta, no matter the circumstances, you have bragging rights until we run again. Good job.

Great job to the Camaro and Team RamRod. It is about time you had some luck on your side. Glad to have seen the yellow submarine out there tearing up the track. You at least beat the Jetta, no matter the circumstances, you have bragging rights until we run again. Good job.

What happen to the super Jetta?

The relay shaft in the shift linkage decided to take a break on us. Ordered a replacement as soon as I got home. Cheap-o part, but oh-so crucial. I think Eric even suggested to run a rod through the firewall and just utilize 2 gears. Effective? Yes. Desirable? No.

• Race Control

Heck yeah I'm ready. Really glad to here all this great things about the car :). It will be nice to show up to a race and not have to worry about organising a team.

You got it. All I need from you guys is for you to drop the hammer on the Camaro. It's fun to drive!

Too slow you might ask? At the moment it is actually. It will remain that way until the relay shaft comes in the mail and is able to move under it's own power. Until then, the Camaro is safe and will remain so through Sebring from the Jetta's wrath. I cannot promise anything in 2011 though.

Guest Methius

Too slow you might ask? At the moment it is actually. It will remain that way until the relay shaft comes in the mail and is able to move under it's own power. Until then, the Camaro is safe and will remain so through Sebring from the Jetta's wrath. I cannot promise anything in 2011 though.

you're not racing Sebring because of a $5 part? Weak sauce

Why am I flashing back to the footage of the Camaro and Mini having at it in BTCC footage from the '60s, as shown in _Top Gear_'s 40-year retrospective on same? :)

• Race Control

So if Mike and I pitch in $16 to make it a $5 part... you will come race with us?

I don't think it will work Matt. I even offered him a seat in the Camaro and he turned me down. I think he's been corrupted by that Axis machinery! :lol: