LA Auto Club Dash for the Cash 6/6-6/7

Aleru

Great clean racing out there on Saturday chumps! And congrats to Team UPS (#702)  
Saturday's official results are posted online at:

http://www.mylaps.com/en/events/1150579

Or you can download results and lap times at:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B3sE_eBHunfsT2RrRjJNLS1kWG8&usp=sharing
Lets see some more great racing on Sunday!

Edited by Aleru

Sunday's results are in! Congrats to 702 Team UPS and 82 The Flying Hawaiians & 2 White Guys! Great racing out there chumps!
Results are posted online at:

http://www.mylaps.com/en/events/1150579

Or download the results and lap times at:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B3sE_eBHunfsT2RrRjJNLS1kWG8&usp=sharing
Hope to see you guys at LAGUNA :D

~Ben Blas Timing and Scoring

Back home at Midnight :(

Awesome fun running with Pee Wee, Mikiel, Ben and all of the others this weekend.

Lots of great, close, clean racing (other than 1 or 2 OOPS!! moments on Saturday).

Best showing Team Toofah has done, with a 4th Saturday, but dropped an exhaust and a flat tire on Sunday meant all we could do was 9th.

Now it's time to go over all of the video and data to make a decent story out of it :)

Edited by 951Turbo
  • Like 2

Have to say everyone was racing me clean, the fast guys made the passes on me when they should and really no drama.

The most fun I had was with the Gulf colored car during the second stint, that was a hoot.

We can't apologize enough to the Flyin Hawaiians for the mess on Saturday, the car quit in the last turn and being FWD you need power to make the turn=result CRASH.

Next race for Pomona Speed Shop is a road trip to Barber Motorsports Park in August for a bucket list track and a few rounds of golf on the Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail.

We may leave the car out that way and race Sebring in September. 

Major congratulations to the Flyin Hawaiians (and their token white guy), Pomona Speed Shop (an amazing second place-which will be a first place soon if they find the right track and race distance to suit their package), Los Valodores Taco Combo Plate, Team UPS and those pesky (and friggin fast) Meat-ah Pie guys with the fuel geyser! Awesome weekend of racing. We had dozens of guest spectators (and even some potential future participants) out to see the show on Sunday and have received lots of positive comments.

Our car showed itself as a potential contender-maybe after a few more races sorting out the car's weaknesses (as well as our organization skills & race prep) we can make the podium!

It would be great if we could do more SoCal Races-possibly Buttonwillow, Streets of Willow, the big track at Willow Springs- or even sneak over the border to Spring Mountain. Maybe next year.

Jimi Hendrix quote of the day..."I'm the one who has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to."

Sing on brother!

• Like 1

4 new and 3 used tires done, one fuel pump relay toast (Saturday) 110 Gallons fuel, too many beers to count, two golf balls on Friday.

Kept the brakes under us also.

Have to admit it was a pretty good time, even Saturday with the Relay.

I got to hang out with some friends and family I haven't seen much lately and My brother made it both days even though he's in a powerchair and on a vent.

We don't get to race together anymore and our Desert races are too much for him to get to now days.  

• Like 4

We used 6 brand new tires and only 1 is useable as a spare.  doesnt help that one still very useable tire was flat spotted on saturday.

I try to treat race tires like golf balls and not get too attached to them, they are both gone way too soon.

• Like 1

Tire wear definitely caught us off guard at this event with our Civic.....we may have had to run a short 3rd stint on Saturday (if not for the "incident") to change front tires.  The east coast equivalent of this car could run Direzza's for 18 hours at VIR!

Regardless, we had an amazing time racing with everyone!  I was extremely surprised at the level of heads up driving shown out there; with very few minor exceptions and one big exception everyone was in their mirrors, giving point bys and even relinquishing apexes to faster cars. Before UPS made their 2nd stop on Saturday I thought we were in for a 7 hour spring race! 

4 new and 3 used tires done, one fuel pump relay toast (Saturday) 110 Gallons fuel, too many beers to count, two golf balls on Friday.

Kept the brakes under us also.

Have to admit it was a pretty good time, even Saturday with the Relay.

I got to hang out with some friends and family I haven't seen much lately and My brother made it both days even though he's in a powerchair and on a vent.

We don't get to race together anymore and our Desert races are too much for him to get to now days.  

I saw the MV-1 - is that your brother's? If so that vehicle is way cool. :)

In other news.... Hey... I just quoted something... and it worked!  :D

Yea he bought that about three years ago, cant get them anymore.

Nothing cool about having to own one but sure helped him get around, we put hand controls in it and he would slide out of his chair and behind the wheel for a year or so but has since lost use of hands. 

Pretty weird rig, it's a MUTT. 

Yea he bought that about three years ago, cant get them anymore.

Nothing cool about having to own one but sure helped him get around, we put hand controls in it and he would slide out of his chair and behind the wheel for a year or so but has since lost use of hands. 

Pretty weird rig, it's a MUTT. 

Understood. I meant 'cool' that it was designed to be accessible and helped him get around. It looks like a London cab. 

• Like 1

anyone have any good video to post of the race?

I have probably 10 hours of video I have yet to go through. It might have the Honda/Volvo incident on it, not sure. It definitely has the aftermath, which didn't look too bad. Sorry it ended the race leader's race on Saturday.

It should also have the aftermath of the fire in the (I think) 240SX after they ventilated their block.

Probably won't have much to put up until next week, however.

• Like 1

Here's are videos from Sunday's race. Only have driver facing cams for Saturday.

You guys run fast and clean. I always knew what you were going to do when you made a move on me.

I would LOVE to say that's how we've ALWAYS raced, but... :)

Our drivers have an extensive HPDE/Time Attack background, which was a great teacher for being predictable. We also tried to do our best to pass off-line. 

We were doing our very best to avoid any kind of contact this weekend. We have had a few mistakes in previous races where we made avoidable contact... didn't want that to happen again. Thankfully, we didn't any contact other than a few cones (Sorry you rubber devils!).

From our perspective, everyone was very courteous and was, for the most part, predictable.