I saw in another thread where someone suggested we make a map of the track locations and approximate team locations. I thought this was a great idea that could come in handy in all sorts of situations, so I made one. I've only added the California tracks and my team's (approximate, don't want any of you showing up at my door unannouced) address.

Instructions for adding yourself:

1. Click this link: http://j.mp/1Hf0LM4

2. Hover over "additions" in the menu

3. Click "Add Marker - Simple"

4. Put your team name in the "Entry Name" bar and put some basic contact info in the details sections. I'd suggest at a minimum your forum name. You could also throw in your car make/model if you like, or any expertise you have. Basically anything that you think could be useful, add there. You can set a location by clicking on the map or typing in an address. I think a town/state plays well with the map application.

I know I don't even have to ask for questions or suggestions. Those are pretty free-flowing around here.  :)

• Like 10

Done.  Added BIR and our team.  See if anyone gets the joke...

Google makes it easy to check addresses ...     You should really try to get a sponsorship from Surly.   In fact, dump those Frozen Rotor guys,  who needs free brake pads when you can have free beer...

• Like 2

Man thats really cool, but the map is so frustrating since mouse-wheel does not zoom

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zizz9zv5ihAc.kx03LsvRHW9o&usp=sharing

Yeah that annoyed me a bit too. It only takes a click or two on the zoom bar to get in pretty close though. This was the friendliest service I've found in terms of not needing accounts/permissions and ease of use.

I added Nelson Ledges and Mid-Ohio in an alternate color with hopes we race there in the future. Edit as necessary.

How about adding part stores and junkyards near race tracks?

• Like 2

I added Nelson Ledges and Mid-Ohio in an alternate color with hopes we race there in the future. Edit as necessary.

How about adding part stores and junkyards near race tracks?

Not a bad idea. Is there a way to add layers or filters to the map? That would be pretty slick