Lime Rock Park

glht

Wow, brown flag moment for sure! Unfortunately for M4L, I got the short end of the stick in another incident the same corner towards the end of the race on day one, potentially killing the Neon... :(

I have over 4,000 photos from this event, so I probably have at least a couple dozen shots of every car. If you would like to have high-res non-watermarked photos of your team for a modest fee, PM me with your car/team details for info.

Some highlights here (note the 2 pages in flickr album):

https://flic.kr/s/aHskiSdt4W

20790509026_6aff01f19e_c.jpg

20816841375_e6b0b4557b_c.jpg

20823850261_90c63faf83_c.jpg

20628775390_6676746c4f_c.jpg

20816885645_3bbd40af8d_c.jpg

• Like 2

Any updates from the race? Talkative crowd there.

Actually it was what I feel has become a typical race in the northeast.... Great chump staff, awesome racing, and a great group of racers to run with. Lime Rock is a freaking awesome place. New pavement in the pits and new showers make a great place even better.

As a team we had an awesome weekend. 1st on Thursday, and 3rds the next two days. We had some great battles throughout the weekend. Will get some more videos up as soon as possible.

We had a new driver this weekend, and we had a great time with him!!

Edited by csx135
  • Like 1

We had an awesome time.  It was our first race with Chump and first race in our new build that we didn't finish buttoning up until 12pm at the track on Friday so it went as good as it can go.  Once we got out there we would run hard for a few laps then back off a good amount to deal with water temp issues due to a POS OE radiator (why are radiators a hit on TCV again??) so hopefully that didn't confuse anyone.  We can't wait to race here again and [hopefully] be competitive. 

Edited by gills

Well, Auto Evolution Racing team is back and (almost) fully recovered from the Lime Rock event. Here is a brief summary with a full race report coming out later (plus photos and videos).

3 days. 2 nights. 16 hours of racing. 2 cars. 9 drivers. 1485 laps. 4 drums of fuel. 2 "First in class" awards. 1 second place. Did I forget anything? Yes, of course; countless smiles and laughs, dozens of handshakes, and infinite amount of fun.

This was a fantastic event exceeding expectations on all fronts. Once I am done with this post I will be getting in touch with Merriam-Webster lobbying for adding a new definition of the word "epic" (as it applies to motorsports).

Rob, Jon, Wayne, Jason, Mike #1, Mike #2, Mike #3, Jenn, Scott, Tom, Vic, Allen, Greg, Tomek, Adrian, Maria, Cindy, John - thank you for making it happen. Thank you for driving race cars, for driving transport trucks, for working on the cars till 5 am in the morning, for making car graphics, for applying car graphics, for running the show at the track, for helping with documentation, for sourcing parts, for driving around getting parts, for bringing lunches and dinners, and, last but not least, for putting up with us and our hobby. None of this would be possible without your help, dedication and support. Thanks!

001-IMG_5482.jpg

001-IMG_4873.jpg

001-IMG_5357.jpg

• Like 5

^ These cars looked SOOOO good on track!

It was fun occasionally battling with you!

Thanks and congrats on the win Saturday! We were hot on your heels in the 296 but alas we were 2 laps down and running at a very similar pace. First race weekend for the white car and it earned our teams first podium!

• Like 2

Rob, your #556 car was consistently fast throughout the weekend and didn't have any issues. You guys did a really good job. I saw many of your forum posts but that was the first time I saw the car in action.

I hope you are considering going to Calabogie and Mosport.

Rob, your #556 car was consistently fast throughout the weekend and didn't have any issues. You guys did a really good job. I saw many of your forum posts but that was the first time I saw the car in action.

Thanks!

Whenever we got around either of your cars we knew it was gonna be some fun racing! 

Its always the most fun to have a car or team that you can battle with respectfully for laps on end.  Unfortunately, when I was in the car it seemed we were usually on the other side of the track.  I did enjoy watching you guys battle our other driver! 

We will not be at Calabogie or Mosport.  I think we are doing Pitt race and that's it.

What happened to the M4L Neon?

I'd be curious to know if the #929 or #119 BMW's that were behind the incident have any footage.

I was driving the #929 at that point right behind the Beetle and other than the visual in my brain, no footage as we weren't running a camera at that point.

We wanted to say thanks to the ChumpCar staff, Lime Rock Park staff, corner workers and all of you Chumps out there for another weekend of racing. Thanks again for the opportunity to race this famous track. 

It was not our best weekend after our Friday and Saturday encounters with the tire wall at T5 - Uphill.

Both drivers walked away without any issues which is by far the most important thing.

The car should be repairable with time, effort, money and beer.

Great to meet some of you in person and congrats to all of the teams who finished the race.

We wanted to say thanks to the ChumpCar staff, Lime Rock Park staff, corner workers and all of you Chumps out there for another weekend of racing. Thanks again for the opportunity to race this famous track. 

It was not our best weekend after our Friday and Saturday encounters with the tire wall at T5 - Uphill.

Both drivers walked away without any issues which is by far the most important thing.

The car should be repairable with time, effort, money and beer.

Great to meet some of you in person and congrats to all of the teams who finished the race.

Glad to hear it is fixable.  It looked pretty hammered the second time.  Did you get "help" or did something break for the second wreck? 

Thanks!

Whenever we got around either of your cars we knew it was gonna be some fun racing! 

Its always the most fun to have a car or team that you can battle with respectfully for laps on end.  Unfortunately, when I was in the car it seemed we were usually on the other side of the track.  I did enjoy watching you guys battle our other driver! 

We will not be at Calabogie or Mosport.  I think we are doing Pitt race and that's it.

Rob, it was great to race and pit with you this past weekend!  Looking forward to doing it again in Pittsburgh.  Sorry about the busted windshield.......