2015 AMP Vids, post em if ya got em !

Evilwheel

Working on it... have some great video of the last two hours and whoever was in the Black E36 was driving... nicely put... OK I can't put it nicely. Suspect... blocking. Chopping down. Hitting people. Drifting into people. Etc.

Eventually spun and hit someone. Then shortly after black flagged for the above. I have lots of video of that :)

• Like 4

• Members

Me running over the 918 Porsche.  100% my fault, I tried a move that probably works in the rain, but not in the wet.  Spoke to them after my stint and apologized profusely.  That being said, they had bigger problems than the little blue paint I left on their car.

>https://youtu.be/eydPSI08tsQ

• Like 1

Me running over the 918 Porsche. 100% my fault, I tried a move that probably works in the rain, but not in the wet. Spoke to them after my stint and apologized profusely. That being said, they had bigger problems than the little blue paint I left on their car.

https://youtu.be/eydPSI08tsQ

What's the difference between the "rain" and the "wet?"

• Like 1

Me running over the 918 Porsche. 100% my fault, I tried a move that probably works in the rain, but not in the wet. Spoke to them after my stint and apologized profusely. That being said, they had bigger problems than the little blue paint I left on their car.

Rain for the most part can be considered a constant, or at least a moving target that is easy to identify.    Wet means it's stopped raining and the track is in the transition stage of returning to the dry.  Ever changing and more difficult to predict the grip level.      :)      Hope that helps too ?

Edited by Evilwheel
  • Like 2

Rich, Steve here from the 918 Porsche.  Thanks for coming over. As you pointed out, we had bigger issues and if anyone has video of the car that took us out I'd love to see it.  Happened around 10:45 on Sunday morning just after the rise between turn 8 and 9.  someone slammed into us and put us into the guard rail, ending out day.  not sure what they would have been doing there but we were in 12th at the time.

• Like 1

Rich, Steve here from the 918 Porsche.  Thanks for coming over. As you pointed out, we had bigger issues and if anyone has video of the car that took us out I'd love to see it.  Happened around 10:45 on Sunday morning just after the rise between turn 8 and 9.  someone slammed into us and put us into the guard rail, ending out day.  not sure what they would have been doing there but we were in 12th at the time.

OMG, I just might have the tail end of it, you were still moving when I saw you out in the grass and someone was also slow and pulling away from you.   Hold your breathe for a bit.

Rain is when water is falling from the sky and the track has water on it.  Wet is when the asphalt is wet but does not have standing water.  One is a lot more slippery than the other

Me running over the 918 Porsche. 100% my fault, I tried a move that probably works in the rain, but not in the wet. Spoke to them after my stint and apologized profusely. That being said, they had bigger problems than the little blue paint I left on their car.https://youtu.be/eydPSI08tsQ

Rain for the most part can be considered a constant, or at least a moving target that is easy to identify.    Wet means it's stopped raining and the track is in the transition stage of returning to the dry.  Ever changing and more difficult to predict.    IMHO   :)      Hope that helps too ?

Thanks guys. Never raced in the rain/wet, so every bit of education helps.

• Like 1

OMG, I just might have the tail end of it, you were still moving when I saw you out in the grass and someone was also slow and pulling away from you.   Hold your breathe for a bit.

That would be fantastic.  Neither of our cameras were working at that moment so we don't have it.

I was driving between 12:45-2:40 on Sunday and couldn't believe the amount of grip that was available on a "wet" track until it started raining again. I could stand on the brakes into T1 and T9 almost as hard as earlier in the day when we had a dry line. It took a few laps to wrap my head around it...  then it started raining  :)

Reporting in from the #249 Quesakia Kia Syphilis.

#74 miata got a little wild in 15-16 during last stint of the race.  The wet probably gave me a little time to react.  

https://youtu.be/v6Z0ShwFCkQ

That'll change the color of your suit.  Nice managing of the situation in slippery conditions.  Could have just as easity lost control yourself

[media]https://youtu.be/xn4cMV6mn28

This vid is us in the #249 Quesakia Sephia finishing the last lap of rainy 2nd day.  Exiting turn 6 after checker #41 Team TURD Celica makes contact on outside of turn and continues to pass cars in front.  Discussion after race found that driver thought there was still one more lap.  Driver did apologize.  

Silly mistake.  Earlier this year at NCM we forgot hood pins and broke our windshield when the hood Tommy Boy'd on the back straight...  Some mistakes you only make once!!!

Edited by ferociousp

• Members

Not to spoil everyone's fun.. but I meant to say "a move that probably works in the dry, but not in the wet".... My fingers were working faster than my brain when I typed it up I guess.

That was a great piece of driving to avoid the Miata. During a track day with heavy rain last year I spun my Supra in the exact same place where you transition from the long left sweeper to the kink. I wonder if this is a place where water crosses the track. Fortunately I was the only car stupid enough to be on the track at the time, but I did earn some nice mock applause from the corner workers.

• Like 2

Why do you guys run without wipers? Even the Rolex/Tudor guys have at least one when it's raining?

Two things:

1) We picked up the chassis with everything removed.

2) this was our first event in the wet.

We will definitely be discussing finding and adding the motors and linkage back into the car. The weight penalty seems worth the visibility.

Thanks revhappy!

Edited by ferociousp

The whole Sunday morning stint (9:00-10:00), you may find your car in here (like 53 spin is there, contact in turn 1)

Your time seems off, the track was pretty dry in the vid.  At 9 am you couldn't even see the line yet.  And that little river between t15 and t16 was gone.

Edited by Evilwheel

The whole Sunday morning stint (9:00-10:00), you may find your car in here (like 53 spin is there, contact in turn 1)

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HKQy0o4wZw

Your time seems off, the track was pretty dry in the vid.  At 9 am you couldn't even see the line yet.  And that little river between t15 and t16 was gone.

That looks like my spin from Saturday afternoon. Sunday morning at least i had one there also but ended up with the back of the car in the sand pit. That corner and me did not get along.

If anyone has my sunday spin on video shoot me a link, our camera batteries were dead