WesternAuto17

VIR, December 5 - Any potential late model drivers going to be on the property?

Going to be helping out with a normal chump, but looking into running a chump model in 2016 and I was curious if anybody else in the same boat is going to be at VIR this weekend.  Am new to road racing but not late models and would like to see what other people are thinking as it pertains to turning these things to the right.

To bad I did not see this as l was already there and would have enjoyed talking.   I'm getting an old late model up and running and hope to make next  year's VIR event ....

On 12/8/2015 at 9:47 PM, okkustom said:

To bad I did not see this as l was already there and would have enjoyed talking.   I'm getting an old late model up and running and hope to make next  year's VIR event ....

Yeah, would have liked to commiserate with somebody else attempting this series.  VIR is on my schedule for '16 for sure.

About to take the chassis to get blasted and painted, really thinking road racing a late model could be a border-line illegal level of fun. 

• Like 1

Yes I have got to get on it I believe late models are going to run with champtruck at VIR hopefully the dates will be out soon.. How long has it been since your car was on track and what kind of chassis is it ?

I sent an email to one of the suits at Chump and he told me they are set to run Road Atlanta, Watkins Glen, and VIR.  Road Atlanta's going to come a little too quick for us and Watkins Glen is a little too far (based in Charlotte), but VIR is hopefully a definite.  He did also say there will be more dates announced before January 1, so fingers crossed for Charlotte Motor Speedway.

My car and I last ran in July of '12 when a turn 4 wall and I had a difference of opinion and I have been slowly getting it put back together.  Job changes and adding a kid slowed the racing down a bit.  The car is a 2004 AE with 2012 LTO front and rear clips.  Still debating on running a 603 crate or my built engine.  

Whats yours?

I don't know if I can make a March date with the late but hope the team will do the chump ,we missed the last two years,.$#%%%# ....WA17 my car is old real old built by Greg Death for Tom Eiils 1979 and won 28 features that year also driven by David Pearson, Buddy Baker,Ray Hendrick and that Jaws dude D W . It is a 69 Nova with chevell frame, truck arm, ft steer ,drop snout.. Pretty sure I won't be anywhere near the front but I just want to run the snot out of her.. The previous owner had a mustang body on it and ran scca gt1 so it has been trained to turn both ways already... My engine dude says the powa is about ready and the soon to be announced super big carb for any chump running a 30 plus year old car rule should help me keep up....

10 hours ago, okkustom said:

I don't know if I can make a March date with the late but hope the team will do the chump ,we missed the last two years,.$#%%%# ....WA17 my car is old real old built by Greg Death for Tom Eiils 1979 and won 28 features that year also driven by David Pearson, Buddy Baker,Ray Hendrick and that Jaws dude D W . It is a 69 Nova with chevell frame, truck arm, ft steer ,drop snout.. Pretty sure I won't be anywhere near the front but I just want to run the snot out of her.. The previous owner had a mustang body on it and ran scca gt1 so it has been trained to turn both ways already... My engine dude says the powa is about ready and the soon to be announced super big carb for any chump running a 30 plus year old car rule should help me keep up....

That car sounds cool, look forward to seeing it.

Ancient Thread.  Both series are now defunct. Too bad for the truck series, watching them passing    while coming down  the rollercoaster at VIR was epic!