Team HWD Racing, A little about us and how we like to do things

As the car owner and main builder/mechanic I felt like I should post a little something about our team. We are from Clarksville Va, my brother in law and I had a idea one Christmas and we made it a reality. The drivers are me Philip Hensley, Miller , Randy . My dad races if we need a hand. Our car is a nice little 1987 acura legend with a 2.7L V6. I have put noumorus hours in getting this car ready to pass tech and more importantly ready to compete with some of the more competitive teams. I realize from the 3 races so far that not every team races clean and others have cars that we all know are not "stock". My main point is that our team HWD Racing is out here to have fun and enjoy the sport of racing. That being said, to those who read this and to those who read this after looking us up, we try our hardest to race clean and courteous, never will we try to cheat to win or call out others who do. If your faster I'll move over or point to you which way to pass. Some of our drivers are faster and more experienced than others, the same goes for other teams. My point is that we enjoy racing and don't want our car ruined by other maniac drivers trying to prove that they are faster or better. Mainly just race clean. We all can't afford to buy another old car and spend 3k on making it race worthy. It's not like we get a big cash prize at the end. All in all we love doing this and for any team that goes to VIR for all 3 races like we do, don't be afraid to stop and say hey I read your article on here. It'll show character and if at any time any team needs help we would be more than happy to lend a hand or a part or rim/tire. We just expect the same thing in return. We pray before every event as a group and God watches over us as we are in that car,keeping us safe and no matter how we finished or where we placed, God blessed on team that day so no matter what we finished with our heads held high!

Thanks, Philip Hensley/The Mechanic 

• Like 2

• Technical Advisory Committee

Hey dude I think you came by as I just started unpacking ,y'all are the closest team to to me ,my shop is in Bracey , so if ya ever need a hand give me a call.. I think your car choice is a good one and has a lot of potential as team inacerate has done very well with theirs.  You can give me a call at 434 636 7777 Ray Franck ,  Gods Last Name Is NOT Damnit Racing. Good luck brother...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, okkustom said:

Hey dude I think you came by as I just started unpacking ,y'all are the closest team to to me ,my shop is in Bracey , so if ya ever need a hand give me a call.. I think your car choice is a good one and has a lot of potential as team inacerate has done very well with theirs.  You can give me a call at 434 636 7777 Ray Franck ,  Gods Last Name Is NOT Damnit Racing. Good luck brother...

Yea I live in Merrifield near someone you may know. Bruce is his name I think.