Sign in to follow this  
Evilwheel

Would Daytona allow us a 24 hour event ? Would you come ?

Rolex, of course I'm watching and wondering if a race would be allowed that length or would they be worried we would show them up ?  ;):D

Has Chump considered this ???    Just throwing it out there as I have never asked before.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BigMoneyWasters said:

We would come for sure. We did the 24 in Miami and then the 38 at PBIR, and then going to do Sebring 24 in Dec. We are gluttons for punishment in Florida.

Unfortunately, Sebring in Dec is a 14 Hour...

Hell yes, we would do 24 Hours at Daytona. In. A. Heartbeat.

• Like 1

Daytona told us last year that they have a limited number of days that they can exceed a sound ordinance -- which includes their major NASCAR events, the 24-hours of Daytona and (now) rock concerts... which is why we got pushed out of our May date.  We asked.  The answer was no.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Tyler H said:

We should combine dates, with a rock concert in the infield.

Extra laps if you hit or miss the stoned concert fan that mistakenly wonders onto the track?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ChumpCar said:

Daytona told us last year that they have a limited number of days that they can exceed a sound ordinance -- which includes their major NASCAR events, the 24-hours of Daytona and (now) rock concerts... which is why we got pushed out of our May date.  We asked.  The answer was no.

Glad to hear you've tried.  I'd love to see what the sound ordinance actually states.  I can't believe the sound of a CCWS race would be above the limit.  

Given enough time and money, hell, we were even talking about how fun that would be while watching the race yesterday and driving iRacing.  Unfortunately, we have little time and no money for such a 3,033 mile trip.

20 hours ago, flyinglizard said:

Mufflers rule the night . Enforce the muffler 93DB rule and get more races. 

Or, for that matter: Whatever "street legal" dB is, whichever is *lower*.

And keep track of any red flags -- I found it hysterical that the NIMBYs and BANANAs surrounding PIR were claiming noise violations *while the PIR 24-hour was red-flagged for fog*....

• Like 2

A few noise meters could go a long ways too.  We had a noise complaint at my company, so we set up a few noise meters while operations were ongoing.  It was quieter at our property boundary than at the complainants house.  Likely because of the highway beside his house...

That being said, its all about perception these days and I cant imagine Daytona wants to piss off their neighbours for ChumpCar.  It likely isn't worth it no matter how important we think we are! ;)

21 hours ago, jmabarone said:

Glad to hear you've tried.  I'd love to see what the sound ordinance actually states.  I can't believe the sound of a CCWS race would be above the limit.  

You might be able to find it here. Looks like there are many ordinances related to sound (and noise) after a quick search.

https://www.municode.com/library/fl/daytona_beach/codes/code_of_ordinances

On 1/31/2016 at 5:51 PM, Tyler H said:

We should combine dates, with a rock concert in the infield.

I like where your head is at. \m/

Edited by Negative1

3 hours ago, Crank Yankers Racing said:

I'm guessing ROLEX is not going to want us competing with their type of event format down in Daytona.....maybe why Daytona said no to John's request.

Bet they wouldn't give us a Rolex for a win, either...

• Like 1