2016 Road Atlanta Pics and Vids

chip

I can't remember where it was but we had a red flag at a race and came to a stop after the flag stand.  We asked for and were given permission to roll to the next flag stand so the driver could see the flag.  I don't know if that is what they were doing without asking?

3 minutes ago, Ron_e said:

I can't remember where it was but we had a red flag at a race and came to a stop after the flag stand.  We asked for and were given permission to roll to the next flag stand so the driver could see the flag.  I don't know if that is what they were doing without asking?

I was able to come to a nice slow stop and positioned my car so I could see the station clearly my rear view mirror.  The station worker was clearly upset, he had his other hand up and was waving as they kept on going.  When I came to my stop, he yelled "Thank you"

Here is our second stint.  10-11:30.  Sorry, not much carnage in ours, guess we were lucky.

Some light contact with the 2th civic, sorry about that.  A great battle with the lead sled, Hong c and infinity 30min in.  10a lockup and avoidance towards the end.

Edited by Bremsen
  • Like 4

Bremsen is fast! Anyone reliable that can keep pace with him is podium material, too bad the go pro wasted away (while doing brake repairs) as I was behind him sucking turbo muffler fireballs for a bit.

Anyone else catch the moment 50 min into Bremsens vid where shark overdrives t7 and attacks wall?

Sorry we didn't get a chance to chat more.

Edited by Team Infiniti
  • Like 1

The Flying Tigers Miata got pounded at Road Atlanta.  Plus, we were having some serious over steer all weekend and the result is a handful of spins.   The final 20 seconds is the end of the race for us, which was just before 9pm, when an unexpected move by a BMW in the esses sent us spinning into the wall...

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Team Infiniti said:

Bremsen is fast! Anyone reliable that can keep pace with him is podium material, too bad the go pro wasted away (while doing brake repairs) as I was behind him sucking turbo muffler fireballs for a bit.

Anyone else catch the moment 50 min into Bremsens vid where shark overdrives t7 and attacks wall?

Sorry we didn't get a chance to chat more.

2:00 into the flying tigers video Ed!

Now that is a lot of action in that 3:19 of video...

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Blue Cobra said:

The Flying Tigers Miata got pounded at Road Atlanta.  Plus, we were having some serious over steer all weekend and the result is a handful of spins.   The final 20 seconds is the end of the race for us, which was just before 9pm, when an unexpected move by a BMW in the esses sent us spinning into the wall...

Wow. Thats a lot of carnage from a 3:19 second video from one team. What was that E30 thinking going into T7, or the MR2 going into T1??

I would like to commend whoever was in the car for their response to spinning out in turn 12 after it was too late, two feet in and enjoy the ride, saved your car at that point IMHO..

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Blue Cobra said:

The Miata appeared to get upset and tail happy every time it got a little light (not to mention when it got booted). What would make it handle like that?

2 hours ago, Blue Cobra said:

Well... that certainly settles our discussion on whether or not to add the fat rear sway bar to our car before VIR!

You guys know miatas well enough to diagnose I'm sure, but what comes to mind:

-Too much rear spring (and/or sway bar)

-Too much rake

-Too much rear toe out

Jason

If you have an offer from Mark Bennett to help you with your Miata you should take it.  It is the equivalent of having AJ Foyt offer some driving lessons or Bob and Bill Riley offering to design you a race car.  Take him up as I am sure he can help you to calm that car down...

Best regards,

Robin Bank

www.rbankracing.com

#alegacyofspeed

• Like 1

t's funny to see the speed disparity between the E30's.  

Ronalds walks by at 2:10 and later a black E30 flys by on the straight at 3:13. 

Well, we know for a fact that the back 197 E30 was running an M52 and claiming it as a 475pt car, so they dont count. Ronalds, who knows? Halston is probably our fastest driver and was still walked up the hill.

Here's the video from my end, the secret to looking fast on the straights? Drive really fast onto the straights.:D

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Wyatt said:

Here's the video from my end, the secret to looking fast on the straights? Drive really fast onto the straights.:D

Yeah, Halston you were two wide there and he had a clean run up the hill, explains some of the speed difference there. 

Edited by 4CGM Chris
Autocorrect fail.
  • Like 1