Thunderhill Double 7 2/27-2/28

Aleru

What a beautiful day here at Thunderhill, and a great way to start off the season!
Awesome racing out there guys very few incidents or black flags, and talk about an awesome track config!

Saturday's Official results are in!

They can be found online at:

Saturday:

http://www.mylaps.com/en/events/1237804

Sunday:

http://www.mylaps.com/en/events/1237804

Or you can download the results and lap times here:

Saturday:

Results: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3sE_eBHunfsV0xuRENLZHZ4c1U/view?usp=sharing

Lap Times: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3sE_eBHunfscHVOdFIwS1VVNHM/view?usp=sharing

Sunday:

Results: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3sE_eBHunfsZWhfN2p0djZVQzA/view?usp=sharing

Lap Times: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3sE_eBHunfsWUtHdWJNU2VZcEU/view?usp=sharing

Edited by Aleru
  • Like 1

It was a cozy event with perfect weather and clean driving. Bill and family gave the event a very hospitable vibe.

The Door Slammers are a class act. Their car, driving, and pit are all picture perfect. They kindly helped me with a disconnected motor mount. Their dual level tow rig and house-on-wheels was impressive. I run a shabbier operation (3.0 V6 Ranger and garden trailer) and sharing a podium was beyond my expectations.

IMG_2583.png

IMG_2584.png

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Ron_e said:

Door slammers return to the podium.  Day two looks like an awesome race for the win.  Too bad Miata PI wasn't there to give them a run for their money... Oh wait that is another Miata.  

Looks like a fun weekend.  I'm guessing the reason Sunday's results look so close is because of the 4 lap MOV penalty Door Slammers carried over from their 3 lap lead on Saturday.  Obviously a very fast car.

Nice to hear there weren't very many black flags.  Hopefully that was because there wasn't any contract rather than the contact being ignored.

I look forward to getting to Thunderhill in the Summer race.

14 hours ago, Ron_e said:

Door slammers return to the podium.  Day two looks like an awesome race for the win.  Too bad Miata PI wasn't there to give them a run for their money... Oh wait that is another Miata.  

I appreciate the confidence and kinda words! ;) We are very much a budget minded team and we are still milking some wounds from Laguna Seca.  Need a bunch of work but we will be racing Fontana in June!  

4 hours ago, Miata, PI said:

I appreciate the confidence and kinda words! ;) We are very much a budget minded team and we are still milking some wounds from Laguna Seca.  Need a bunch of work but we will be racing Fontana in June!  

What, you mean things break when you do this?

pi.jpg

Edited by LAMR2
  • Like 4

Thanks to Bill, Sandi, and the rest of the Chump family for a fantastic event. See you at Pacific!

13 hours ago, drKorf said:

The racing was very clean. The minor contact we had was bent back into shape by hand and a swift kick. Here's some video of me chasing down some of the podium cars on Sunday (we took it easy on Sunday and even packed up a little early).

Agree. Some of the cleanest racing I've experienced in 3 years with Chump. Thanks for the video of our E36. My teammate will be excited to see it.

I don't think this was your Miata drKorf, but I got a kick out of watching some of the "Spec Miata lines" on the West course.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, lenbo211 said:

Looks like a fun weekend.  I'm guessing the reason Sunday's results look so close is because of the 4 lap MOV penalty Door Slammers carried over from their 3 lap lead on Saturday.  Obviously a very fast car.

Nice to hear there weren't very many black flags.  Hopefully that was because there wasn't any contract rather than the contact being ignored.

I look forward to getting to Thunderhill in the Summer race.

I would hope a race with only 20 or so cars would have fewer black flags. Fewer things to hit or be hit by!

• Like 2

This race was SO MUCH FUN! The 2-mile course is very twisty and leaves you with no time to rest. As soon as you get around one corner the next one is right there waiting to bite you. Thanks a million to Bill and Sandi for running a great event! And thanks even more to all the teams who showed up and made this a great weekend. Despite the very tight nature of this track the racing was clean and drama free all weekend. I had a great battle with the #85 BMW on the 3-mile course on Saturday. I'll post up video of that after I get the trailer unpacked. Thanks for a wonderful time, everyone!

• Like 4

Alright, I made it home late yesterday and want to thank EVERYONE for a GREAT race weekend! I LOVE the 3 mile configuration we ran on Saturday (Middlhill) but the Sunday track kept you on your toes. The REAL drama came with about an hour to go with the Door Slammers car with a comfortable lead over the 37 Roto Plooker car in Second and the 94 (former CMC car) in 3rd. Bob Briggs got together with the 100 car in incidental contact and both cars severed a pass through penalty which put the Door Slammers in second place by about 40 seconds back. Lap after lap Bob closed the gap until Mikiel saw him in the mirror and started racing for it! On the last lap, Bob managed to get buy winning by about 1 car length at the stripe! WHAT A RACE!!! Thank you ALL that participated and I look forward to see you at the NEXT race!!!

If you have ANY questions, please call or text me at 702.403.6443!

DoorSlammers THill Feb2016.jpg

• Like 2

Much happiness all around. We all behaved ourselves and the corner workers didn't miss much. We ourselves missed a yellow flag and served our time. 

I just about had a heart attack in the pits on Sunday as the radio in our car was dying and we couldn't tell Mikiel about Bob's penalty and to do the 'Johnny Hustle'. Amazing to have a 7-hour race decided in the last few laps. I think I've stopped hyperventilating. Just delighted to have our first podium win. 

• Like 2