2016 VIR South: Pics & Vids

Hopefully everyone has made it home safely, so let's get those computers out and get the videos rolling in.

I'll get things going with this:

End of 2nd stint (11a-1p).  I had been mixing it up with the 777 (God's Last Name) for quite a few laps, a classic big car/little car battle.  Then Perry (#205 Ronald's Racers) decided to join in for a 3 wide pass at the top of the spiral, oh Perry, will you never learn...

First 1/2 of the video is our forward camera, 2nd half is the rear camera.

More to come...

Edited by Jason B
typo

Remember when Juan Pablo Montoya was running the Daytona 24 in like 2011? Ganassi had a sign in their pit that read "Juan" "not Juan" 

Perhaps we should get a "Perry" "not Perry"

:D

P.S. I think it's 2016 Jason. :D

Edited by Wyatt

56 minutes ago, Wyatt said:

P.S. I think it's 2016 Jason. :D

Sorry Wyatt, must have been having a flashback to when he hit me in December :wacko:

Don't get me wrong, I sometimes hit people too, I just don't blame it on them afterwards :ph34r:

Edited by Jason B

3 hours ago, Wyatt said:

Remember when Juan Pablo Montoya was running the Daytona 24 in like 2011? Ganassi had a sign in their pit that read "Juan" "not Juan" 

Perhaps we should get a "Perry" "not Perry"

I made that request in the pre-race discussion (specifically asked if you would post which session he would be driving)  :o

• Like 1

Here are two hours between 1PM and 3PM.  I'm not super proud of mowing the grass a few times, so no need to point it out.  :D  This was my FIRST time on the track, and a few corners gave me trouble.  At least one of my grass excursions happened because I decided there wasn't enough room for me and another car, and I chose grass over contact (I've managed to avoid hitting anyone thus far in Chump).  I had a few good battles with some people that post regularly up here (Bill's car, the 777, etc.).  I thought the race was pretty clean from what I saw, and enjoyed the lack of FCY and red (yes, I am contrasting it with Road Atl race)

https://youtu.be/1EbIyTJX9i8

20 hours ago, Bremsen said:

Kudos to Inacurate for the body repairs after Road Atlanta. You'd never know a genII camaro climbed that passenger side.

Thanks!  It took forever, but it came back together pretty decent.  It was sad when I got home from RA, opened up the passenger side door and it FELL OFF on the ground. 

Unlike RA, everyone had a great time on South, and overall people were behaving.  Had we not stopped after the first couple laps to check "what felt like a wheel coming off", we would have had it in the bag.  Oh well, there's always next time.

Edited by m3to335
  • Like 4

This is from the last hour at VIR. We were out of contention, but glad to be one of the fastest cars in the wet\dark. Got to lap the leaders at least once during the hour.

For those who have not experienced it, VIR is a special kind of Dark... even more so in the mist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKEkCI4Z_xE

Edited by Black Magic
  • Like 1

Glad had everyone had a good time. Late getting video up as I had to sit this one out. Congrats to the winners and I looking forward to getting back at it in Charlotte!

Here is video of the hard wreck in turn one. Hopefully most is repairable but based on the pics on the other thread, there is quite a bit of work to be done. Good luck and hope to see you guys back out there.

• Like 3

My guess.....no markers on the RH side of the track and he probably didn't have any other landmarks set into memory yet, so he was way too late on the brakes.  You don't think about it until you're trying to make a difficult pass and then its...."oh crap, when to I brake?".   Its caught me out before.

Also, obvious lack of experience braking without ABS and dealing with lockup.  Had he let off, he could have probably driven around everyone and off course safely.  Hard hit and lesson.  Hopefully nobody was hurt.  Cars are repair/replaceable. 

9 hours ago, ADUBRacerX said:

Glad had everyone had a good time. Late getting video up as I had to sit this one out. Congrats to the winners and I looking forward to getting back at it in Charlotte!

Here is video of the hard wreck in turn one. Hopefully most is repairable but based on the pics on the other thread, there is quite a bit of work to be done. Good luck and hope to see you guys back out there.

The Zcar was a little out of control that stint, we're seeing it in our vids too.  That was a hard impact, just glad everyone walked away (though I guarantee the Z driver was sore the next day).

@Seefo you see this?  

Yea I saw it.  Appreciate the video Blitz member (Sorry, don't know your name!).

I was racing with him and grey/silver camaro earlier in the video on a few occasions.  The Nissan had a few o-poop moments earlier but he saved it (he almost collected a slower car at trackout of T1).  The camaro was racing a little too hard for the pace he had and passed me under FCY then gave it back.  Overall, there was definitely some poor driving during my 50 minutes out, but I am hoping to move on and get the car fixed.

Obviously, the brakes weren't totally gone, so Hope they can learn from it and maybe handle this type of situation better.  The Yellow obviously makes this situation difficult, especially since there was a car on the left.  I slowed down a lot as the flag was waving as I crested the hill.  If it was standing, I would have carried more speed and maybe the incident would not have happened.  Then again there is a car infront so I am not sure.

I wonder if checking my mirrors later under braking I would have seen it?  who knows.  Just a s***ty situation.

11 hours ago, ADUBRacerX said:

BTW, can you guys please change that decal to read 40% so the rest of us have a chance! B)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, enginerd said:
8 hours ago, Jason B said:

BTW, can you guys please change that decal to read 40% so the rest of us have a chance! B)

Don't worry, they are EC :)

Don't worry, we give everyone plenty of chances when our parts fall out and our tank runs empty. And we have had our fair share of 125% moments as well. I didn't earn the nickname "flat-spot" for nothing.

10 hours ago, Seefo said:

Yea I saw it.  Appreciate the video Blitz member (Sorry, don't know your name!).

No problem. I have used lots of video to help me correct my mistakes so glad I could pass along info helpful to others. (Austin for future reference.)

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Seefo said:

The camaro was racing a little too hard for the pace he had and passed me under FCY then gave it back. 

That was our ARCA driver, I think he was looking for a race but I kept having to try to get him to save fuel. Sorry about that. 

• Like 1