Daytona final results

A smart person once said SC300/SC400 would be fast and if they don't change the MPV I am going to build one and they didn't so he did.

"We didn't choose your car" Goes to show you there are people that know how to read the rule book and pick the fastest car after all.

An 800 MPV Supra with a Lexus badge for only 400 MPV, YES please!

Edited by morganf
  • Like 10

C'mon now, I watched the BOD meeting: it's not the car, it's the team. You can't condemn a car just because four (apparently) really good teams who picked the same car ran the same race. Just like the other four teams who picked a BMW; no trend there either, right? ;)

Arise, yee non-BMW teams, and join the Lexudus from Chump SpecBMW! :P

Edited by mender
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, mcoppola said:

Nah, some of us just like to be different. You included...:)

I dunno, the SC400 with 250 hp and 20.6 gallons sounds pretty tempting - as does the E34 540 with 286 hp and 21 gallons. Couple that with the 25% of the listed curb weight that you can get rid of ... :)

I just wish some of the good teams would pick a domestic so we can see them on the podium. ;) (JK - in before the flood!)

Edited by mender
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, mender said:

I just wish some of the good teams would pick a domestic so we can see them on the podium. ;)

You mean like the Mustang that won the Western Chumpionship? I'd say they are pretty good. :)

Edited by knate
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, knate said:

You mean like the Mustang that won the Western Chumpionship? I'd say they are pretty good.

Yes, quite a few good domestics out here but what do we know out here in the PNW. ;)

Edited by mender

• Technical Advisory Committee
11 minutes ago, mender said:

I dunno, the SC400 with 250 hp and 20.6 gallons sounds pretty tempting - as does the E34 540 with 286 hp and 21 gallons. Couple that with the 25% of the listed curb weight that you can get rid of ... :)

I just wish some of the good teams would pick a domestic so we can see them on the podium. ;)

Those numbers make my 170hp, 13.1 gallon, Wrong Wheel Drive car sad.  :(

But I've always said I love a challenge...

Fox Body Mustang will be my next build. (Yeah, I know, another fuel challenged car.)

1 minute ago, Team Infiniti said:

There was no shortage  of American thunder, then there was a shortage, then they were gone, then some came back... SBF/SBC just doesn't seem to have the duty cycle (or fine factory engineering) of jap/euro crap

And they just don't seem to be able to make it from T1-T6 or through the bus stop as well.

S.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Team Infiniti said:

There was no shortage  of American thunder, then there was a shortage, then they were gone, then some came back... SBF/SBC just doesn't seem to have the duty cycle (or fine factory engineering) of jap/euro crap

Yet SBCs have been the mainstay of most forms of racing for decades.

Maybe it's the cubic dollars spent on the luxury brands more than the engineering; the lesser Jap/Euro brands didn't do so well. ;)

Edit: Hmmm, new petition: original MSRP cap to determine EC cars. :o;)

Edited by mender
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Team Infiniti said:

Come on out west... like Bill did.  

Couldn't resist.  

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, mcoppola said:

Those numbers make my 170hp, 13.1 gallon, Wrong Wheel Drive car sad.  :(

But I've always said I love a challenge...

Fox Body Mustang will be my next build. (Yeah, I know, another fuel challenged car.)

Welcome to the club.  

29 minutes ago, mender said:

Don't forget the 10+ laps the e34 must have started with (and 5 laps for a 7 hour race)

• Like 1

And still managed to get there! :)

Kind of curious: with all the concerns about closing speeds, why would a car that has similar specs to the now-infamous 400SX be allowed to race even with laps? The only way for that car to win is to run flat out the whole time to make up laps, guarenteeing the higher closer speeds.

Edited by mender
  • Like 1

Those w/ American iron......... there was plenty of smart folks,some with deep pockets and knowledge base, they brought big camshafts, carbs and wonderful sounds but not what it took to go the distance.... Not sure where I am going with this, our team cut teeth on sbf/sbc, no disrespect intended, just putting fourth what was observed yesterday...

Saying that, the stock-est, most reliable sbc in Florida was there but not entered to run.

Edited by Team Infiniti
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, mender said:

guarenteeing the bigger closer speeds.

As one of the cars putting up some speed differential, there was only one car that stands out as being issue, a slowish, possibly superspeedway noobish honda that picked some interesting places to put that thing.

So no issue observed from this side of the tracks.

Edited by Team Infiniti
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, mender said:

What about Looney Tunes which wins often including Barber last year. 

Probably will be in contention at Road America in a couple of weeks. 

• Like 1