Jump to content

Daytona vids


jcozine
 Share

Recommended Posts

First stint we were witness to many spins, unfortunately the go pro locked up as the grid pulled out, about hour 3 the camera was finally rolling, I pull away from the pits behind a white Miata, apparently he forget to check the steering wheel (or something else went wrong)as he immediately went off horseshoe, grass,crunch, throttle blip on impact with tire barrier, all during caution! Still looking for that...

 

Here is some raw footage of the 802, 19 and 67 navigating heavy traffic after a caution, I was posting to show SRI #67 his fuel leak issue/severity but figured someone may be interested in viewing incar from one of the fast ones, plenty of action,  + a couple shunts.This was 6pm or so

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, jcozine said:

I think I saw you guys getting run off the road at the bus stop... check about 20 minutes into my video

 I wouldn't call it run off, more like me being impatient, not to mention racing a infiniti is something like driving a firm bowl of jello, hold on tight, it may jiggle a little :P       Watch the same moment from my view.

 

Strangely we picked the same time frame to share, so close to each other its almost worth combining ;)

Edited by Team Infiniti
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This was my first Daytona race and I have to say the first time on the banking was a little spine tingling. I loved every minute I was out there except for this 10 minute portion. I'm fairly new to the game and this sequence just irked me to no end. CC has said don't be a second pace car and this seems to go totally against it. We as a team brought it to CC officials to be passed to Mike who was then on the outside of the track tending to some other issue. RB had some issues later on it looked like as the silver car was in the garage parked, so not sure if anything ever happened with this. BTW, I did have one momentarily lapse of judgement at the end that got cut off.

 

Edited by jakks
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Team Infiniti said:

When its done processing you appear 13 min into my vid

I have one uploading now of an incident when (IMHO) we get drilled by a car that is trying to follow Team Infiniti through the kink after we gave him plenty of room for quite some time. I went to talk to them as they were pitted very near us and they said that we hit them. Denied everything! I'll let the Forum decide if this was BS or "just one of them racing deals". I'll certainly man up if it is my driver's fault, but I sure don't see it that way currently.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, jakks said:

This was my first Daytona race and I have to say the first time on the banking was a little spine tingling. I loved every minute I was out there except for this 10 minute portion. I'm fairly new to the game and this sequence just irked me to no end. CC has said don't be a second pace car and this seems to go totally against it. We as a team brought it to CC officials to be passed to Mike who was then on the outside of the track tending to some other issue. RB had some issues later on it looked like as the silver car was in the garage parked, so not sure if anything ever happened with this. BTW, I did have one momentarily lapse of judgement at the end that got cut off.

 

 

HHmmmmm, I am not going to rush to judgement on that one, even though it looks REALLY BAD! I think Robin should explain what is going on here though.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, jakks said:

I should have put in my post. #184 was running in 6th at the time and #90 was in the 50's or something.

 

Our #184 Saab had shifter issues.  We were trying to get it in to 4th and finish the race but we were stuck in 3rd.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, shoeish said:

 

Our #184 Saab had shifter issues.  We were trying to get it in to 4th and finish the race but we were stuck in 3rd.

So you conveniently waited for your teammate to pass you before getting back in line and creating a 1mi gap between you and your teammate?

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, mindspin311 said:

So you conveniently waited for your teammate to pass you before getting back in line and creating a 1mi gap between you and your teammate?

That's what teammates do for each other.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, my parts guy said:

I don't follow this rule, but wasn't there a rule about roofless cars needing a net or something over the top of the cage?  Did that change or just not exist?

 

Arm restraints are required now instead of the net.   I think that's right ?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...