THANK YOU JOHN CONDREN (and staff)

We just raced at Daytona.  THANK YOU JOHN CONDREN.

We worked all day on a cranky racecar (turned out to be a bad fuel pump ---> "new" used to mean something in the past, now it means you are going to be the person to do the final quality check field test) but I worked on that car on pit road in Daytona.  THANK YOU JOHN CONDREN.

We were able to bring a car that is essentially a "street stock" at any circle track to a race track like Daytona. THANK YOU JOHN CONDREN

It was a life long dream realized...THANK YOU JOHN CONDREN (and staff)

jay

• Like 17

• Technical Advisory Committee
1 hour ago, jracer98 said:

We just raced at Daytona.  THANK YOU JOHN CONDREN.

We worked all day on a cranky racecar (turned out to be a bad fuel pump ---> "new" used to mean something in the past, now it means you are going to be the person to do the final quality check field test) but I worked on that car on pit road in Daytona.  THANK YOU JOHN CONDREN.

We were able to bring a car that is essentially a "street stock" at any circle track to a race track like Daytona. THANK YOU JOHN CONDREN

It was a life long dream realized...THANK YOU JOHN CONDREN (and staff)

jay

Jay,

Love the sig line.  I could put a Like on your every post just due to that!

Hi, Chumps... thanx for the note jracer98 and the kind words.  

When I started ChumpCar, I already had 40 years of racing under my belt.  Some people would have stopped long before that.  Two (2) of my core ideals for ChumpCar was to: (1) allow anyone willing to be called a Chump to come and race with us, regardless of experience, skill-set, disability, sex, race, creed, color, sexual preference, choice of beer or football team preference; and (2) allow a Chump to race at all the great tracks that I had the opportunity to race at (as long as they were still around ... sadly, too late for Riverside Raceway, Ontario Motor Speedway, Continental Divide and a few others).  My first trip to Daytona was in 1976 for the 24 Hours and I've been back 8 more times.

So many tracks and just not enough weekends!

All the best -

John

• Like 9

And along the same lines.  My father raced in the 24-hours at Daytona in 1967 and finished 15th (in a Dodge Dart and they beat AJ Foyt and Dan Gurney in their GT-40).  It was a dream come true for our team, all family members, to be able to race at Daytona.  Without ChumpCar, I'd still be wishing for someday.  Well, someday was last Saturday!  Thanks John and your staff!

Edited by CoachMK21
  • Like 2