Mid Ohio Sports Car Course

here is a video clip from my first stint ever on this track... it was a lot of fun.  My fast lap was a 1:53 and I can see so much I can do better in the video.  car 949, the white integra.

The event was great and I can't wait to come back.   We did great except for that 1/2 hour axle swap that killed our chances.

Edited by theblue
  • Like 2

• Technical Advisory Committee
1 hour ago, Bill Strong said:

this track was technical, but easier to learn than laguna.

Looked like a nice run for awhile. What sidelined you?

50 minutes ago, scottyk said:

Was a fun course, we will be back.

Scotty, what caused your long stop?

Kentite Jeff... Same question?

I was looking forward to working this race, but some family issues got in the way, and forced me to change plans.  ?

11 minutes ago, Bill Strong said:

this

rsmhub1.jpg

rsmhub2.jpg

C'mon man you said "broken hubs are so 2015" in a post a few weeks back. Thought maybe you had that solved....

11 minutes ago, mcoppola said:

Looked like a nice run for awhile. What sidelined you?

Scotty, what caused your long stop?

Lower front engine (Cradle) crossmember welds broke.  We had to ratchet strap cradle to core support which worked, but we were in pits for to long.   

1 hour ago, mcoppola said:

Kentite Jeff... Same question?

I was looking forward to working this race, but some family issues got in the way, and forced me to change plans.  ?

Had to change one axle after the first stint (par for the course). Then we missed our fuel estimate by half a lap in the second stint. Second driver was laying some good times and ran out on his last lap before the planned pit stop. Finally we broke the exhaust just ahead of the O2 sensor in the last h stint. This led to excess fuel consumption so we had to do one can of fuel with 15 minutes to go. 

All in all not too bad. We had two different clamp set ups on the CV's to

start the race. One worked the entire race so we will use that everywhere from now on. The car was was fast (6th best lap time of the day). And the track is fantastic. 

See you in Pittsburgh?

1 hour ago, scottyk said:

Lower front engine (Cradle) crossmember welds broke.  We had to ratchet strap cradle to core support which worked, but we were in pits for to long.   

You didn't happen to loose a ratchet portion between turns 7&8 did you? There was down there around 12:30. Had to dodge it for a lap or two.

Edited by Kentite

Awesome event!   Thank you Mike C. and Team for allowing us the opportunity to race at Mid-Ohio!   I thought the race went very well and it seemed as though everyone was behaving themselves.  I only saw two minor spins the whole race and both were self inflicted and no damage (that I'm aware of) was done to either car. 

We had a blast.  Mid-Ohio is definitely technical but pretty very manageable after  a few laps.  Some tracks allow you to make mistakes in choosing a line and still be "okay."  Mid-Ohio wasn't so forgiving and a wrong choice seemed to cost A LOT of speed.  We ran strong all day and managed a 4th place finish.  We were in 3rd but an added pit stop killed us.  Pulled back out in 5th and fought back to 4th.  Given enough time we would have re-captured 3rd :P

I have a few hours of video from the start of the race I'll try to post up later in the week. 

Congrats to Rbank, Wee Bee, and Yoda on the podium!  See everyone at NCM!  

Thanks again for an awesome race!  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Kentite said:

All in all not too bad. We had two different clamp set ups on the CV's to

start the race. One worked the entire race so we will use that everywhere from now on.

Good news - that has been a big pain.  And you're laying the groundwork for all the other Beretta teams that will be coming up! 

Go GM FWD :)

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, mostmint said:

Good news - that has been a big pain.  And you're laying the groundwork for all the other Beretta teams that will be coming up! 

Go GM FWD :)

Who could of guessed that 2 of the top 10 lap times of the day would come from FWD GM's

• Like 4