Sebring Race Report

Guest ChumpCar

Guest ChumpCar

Background:

* 35 cars entered (great field!)

* 86 degrees; cloudy but dry... 40% chance of rain later this afternoon

* Race officially started 9:30am

* Lots of new teams and lots of familiar faces...

This track is really fun. It's a challenging course -- flat with rolled berms at the apexes. Wide track (over 40') with lots of room to pass. Fast, too! Three separate straights where cars can easily get into 4th and 5th gears.

Looks like 4 Miatas, 2 Benz, 6 American V8's (2 Mustangs, 2 Crown Vic and 2 Camaro/Fiebirds), a paid of MR2's, and lots of variations of Hondas, Nissans, Toyotas, VW's... a real mix!

John

John,

Can you give us a breakdown of Charity/Theme bonus/penalty laps or am I being too retentive and need to get a life, I look forward to the updates thru the day. I hope we can get 35+ cars in the midwest next year.

I've raced Sebrings a few times in the past, I bet turn 1 and the last corner will shake a few parts loose.

• Like 1

Guest Quick Trick #15

Interesting Note: 17 of the 35 cars did not acquire any or did not maximize their charity-based "Bonus Laps." Guess the Chumps are feeling lucky without them...

Please keep the updates coming.. I am getting them from the track, but they are sporadic at best. I do know our #15 suffered a casualty when the walmart timer broke under pressure..Not everything made in Japan finishes first or even the race!!! Chumps are made of better stuff!

Tess (Gary is at the track)

The biggest issue on the video feed (while the sun was out) is the glare on the window it was pointing at. At least I'm assuming it was in a window since I saw a reflection.

What's up with #27? Says they're in 4th but have only 250 laps?