Watkins Glen Official

achisek

• ChampCar Staff

I assume since we're all hitting the road in the next 24 hours, we ought to just go ahead and get this thing created! Safe travels to all of our teams- we'll see you Friday!!!

Sahlens_ChumpyardGlen_final.jpg

• Like 4

23 hours ago, Jer said:

Never had an Irish Car Bomb before.  Delicious!

Never?  Is this a sneaky tactic where you are playing down your prior drinking experience so you can gleefully drink some chumps under the table?  I mean not Tyler but other Chumps.

• Like 2

• Technical Advisory Committee

It didn't save on my phone either. But it said that the driving was getting very aggressive out there. More penalty minutes are being handed out. Captains warn your drivers to tone it down. 

Something to that effect...

What happened to the 295 McQueen car? Looks like it stopped on lap82 and is still in the pits. 

• Like 1

Looks like  mopar4life (1st) and crank Yankers (8th) are feeling no effects from last night and are doing quite well !!!

their strategy of getting some of you guys hung over seems to be working

• Like 7

Wish we could be there but we are enjoying some quality family time "up north" in Harrison Michigan. 

We may get our racing fix later tonight hitting the dirt track 3/8 mile in Merritt, Mi. For some spectating action. 

Looks like it was #861 Me-at-a-Race who dove directly into our side in the first stint... 360 video so you can move around and see what was happening at our right rear.  The door wasn't damaged prior.

13327553_10209523551023176_7486289048180484155_n.jpg

Edited by vtjballeng

43 minutes ago, mcoppola said:

It didn't save on my phone either. But it said that the driving was getting very aggressive out there. More penalty minutes are being handed out. Captains warn your drivers to tone it down. 

Something to that effect...

What happened to the 295 McQueen car? Looks like it stopped on lap82 and is still in the pits. 

Blown diff. With a diff oil cooler.

• Like 1

On 5/26/2016 at 1:15 PM, Crank Yankers Racing said:

They are the event sponsor and also are throwing a BBQ Friday night. It is in the supplemental rules 

Giving out boxes of buns and dogs to spectators to bring back to their respective camps. Still had 50+ people who stood in line that didn't get any food. A++ BBQ.

Strong racing back on track. Has done 20 laps after 2.5 hours in pits. Good luck for the finish and for tomorrow

Edited by mcoppola
  • Like 1