JDChristianson

What do you want on the 2017 Schedule?

Ever think about trying Roebling again ?   Just start the day with the rule that there will be mandatory red flags a scheduled intervals during the race.  Or just run sprints there.

just spitballin

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Evilwheel said:

Ever think about trying Roebling again ?   Just start the day with the rule that there will be mandatory red flags a scheduled intervals during the race.  Or just run sprints there.

just spitballin

Just have 4 hr enduros. 8-12, 1-5 with an hour break in the middle. I think our team would consider it. Fun little track.

41 minutes ago, Evilwheel said:

just spitballin

Yes yes yes, I was going to add that to my list and suggest the same thing. Do it like the upcoming Charlotte race - make it cumulative but with breaks in the middle

Edited by pintodave

12 hours ago, Jer said:

Mike, I know you've heard it again and again, but going back to Nelson ledges after its repaved with a 24 would be awesome.  It would need to be in late September or June to get it away from VIR 24.  The 24s there drew people, and with new owners it sounds more reasonable to rent.  

Why not just shoot for a 48

15 hours ago, Jer said:

Mike, I know you've heard it again and again, but going back to Nelson ledges after its repaved with a 24 would be awesome.  It would need to be in late September or June to get it away from VIR 24.  The 24s there drew people, and with new owners it sounds more reasonable to rent.  

I think its fitting that your profile picture is a car rolling over and you are asking for Nelson's ledges to be put on the schedule. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, cafifty said:

I think its fitting that your profile picture is a car rolling over and you are asking for Nelson's ledges to be put on the schedule. 

If what has been proposed at Nelson is completed it will be a great track with great facilities. And it will be FAST!

• Like 1

That car was our coROLLa, well raced.  Rolled at CMP other racing series, went on to win a race at Sebring with Chump. :)

• Like 1

My team is on the west coast . The closest track to us is Oregon Raceway park  doesn't have a race scheduled for 2016. We can travel 1 day for a race event, that being said Northern calf. to sheldon washington is my teams range of travel . We would like to race once a month for the season for a total of 5 or 6 races. That's our 2 cents worth for schedule  

On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 10:40 AM, drKorf said:

I don't think the racers care that much who is hosting the race. When fields are split in half because races from competing organizations are in very close proximity, everyone loses. Some organizations have co-hosted races in the last couple years, and it would be nice to see a tiny bit of cooperation where possible. Out West, there's one organization that tends to draw huge numbers. Their schedule is somewhat predictable, especially for Sonoma races. Don't compete with that. The only track that will definitely fill up is Laguna Seca.

Given the very low car counts at Thunderhill, I suggest using shorter configurations. Middle Hill isn't worth the effort and the 5 mile makes things too lonely.

A lot of teams running in the NE have cars that don't comply with the CCWS rules without running EC, that's where a lot of the NE support has gone.  So I'd say racers do in fact care about who is hosting the race and what the ruleset is. 

• Like 1

I would prefer double 7 hour races in the central region, and 24 hour races in the east region. I would also like Autobahn CC back on the schedule as well as Blackhawk farms. 

Yeah I know for a start up team like ours we would prefer races a little closer to home just to make some of the logistics a little simpler as the only one within 3 to 4 hours is VIR. If Summit, Dominion Raceway, or NJMP came back we would certainly have to put them on our radar for places to go. 

• Like 1

I forgot to add in my earlier list, a race at NOLA would be a nice addition.  I think I remember there was low turnout or signup at the last attempt, but wasn't it during Mardi Gras?  It is a cool track, great facilities, and a good venue all around given the food and stuff to do in NO.  Maybe if the time of year was right it may have a better draw.

Also a race at Sonoma may be a one time cross country pull.  Either that or a Laguna race.

Edited by Five Benjamin Racer
add sears pt
  • Like 2

NOLA would be a good one if they build the addition to the track as planned, and Chump runs the whole course.    Pittsburgh finally got it's addition built and from what I've seen from video it looked great.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Evilwheel said:

Pittsburgh finally got it's addition built and from what I've seen from video it looked great.

Teammate ran the new big course during OneLap this year and reports it's serious fun.

The East Chumpionship was at Pittsburgh last October and it is a really awesome track.  Saturday morning was a bit of a mess with all the rain, but that would have been the case almost anywhere.

• Like 1

The East Chumpionship back at VIR would be my preference.  Grand or North...

+1 for a CMP date ...just avoid being close to the other racing series Spring & Fall dates (4 weeks or more)

+1 for going back to Summit Point

+1 for all race durations but Sprints being 8hrs or more but divisible by 2 ...and then make the Chumpionship a Double 7 or other odd number.

Suggest Chump being the first 24hr event at Dominion

I'm OK with the RA date being in Feb and if it changes to sooner or later, I'm OK with that too.

Thanks Mike!

• Like 1

Odd hour races give an advantage generally speaking to higher horsepower cars, 7 hours is the worst because you only have to go 1hr 40 minutes. As fuel strategy and capability is such a big part of the Chump rules, I think all Chumpionship races should be in hours divisible by 2. 

As for tracks, CMP, Summit Point and lets get racing at the new Dominion Raceway..

• Like 2

... and even hour races give an advantage generally speaking to low horsepower cars.  So to be fair have one day an odd hour race, parc ferme, then an even hour race.   You know, if you want to be fair.  

2 minutes ago, Ron_e said:

... and even hour races give an advantage generally speaking to low horsepower cars.  So to be fair have one day an odd hour race, parc ferme, then an even hour race.   You know, if you want to be fair.  

Interesting but that extra day is not what half of us weekend warriors desire, drive to track, race, be home in time for work monday morn.:P

No matter what, someone will female dog ;)

• Like 2

I will tell you, for 2017 we are looking to move from D7 to D8 format.  Any strong objections?

• Like 10

1 hour ago, chisek said:

I will tell you, for 2017 we are looking to move from D7 to D8 format.  Any strong objections?

Yes, do one 7 and one 8, or one 8 and one 9.  ;)

Or a 16/17/18 on one day.  I like the two day races better though, but either way is good.  

2 hours ago, chisek said:

The fuel cell companies won't object. 

• Like 1