pintodave

*Cent. FL Chump meet-up* @ Brothers Performance, DeLand FL

Hi all, a few of us Central Florida Chumps have been trying to make the monthly Brothers Performance Cars n Coffee cruise in they do the 2nd Saturday of the month. Well finally this month we can actually make it, this Saturday June 11th. They are conveniently located @ the I-4 & Hwy44 interchange in Volusia County about 30 min east of Orlando and about 20 min west of Daytona. We'd like to maybe make it a regular showing, so we can use this thread to talk about it. 

Link is here: http://www.brothersperformance.com/events/

We have no idea how many people show up to this, but we are going to crash it with a few Chumpcars so bring yours out or just come and say hi.

So far Mike is driving the Lead Sled Lincoln, I am driving the Camaro, and TurboFox is threatening to bring out his Mustang as well.

• Like 4

I will not make this. I will not return from Africa until July 20th to check on my house on the gulf coast. It would be a hall for me but my neighbor has a plane! Let me know if you have another gathering late July. I might go to Sawgrass for a round or two so I can sneak down and crash your gathering. My wife wants to meet the guy who drives the pinto. I just do not have the heart Dave to clear her mind.:rolleyes:

Would like to do this in the Houston area but do not have the time.

• Like 1

Heck yea, it would be great to meet you. I'll be sure to post in here when we are planning on going. I'll also post up some event pictures to make you jealous you couldn't make it  :D

• Like 1

A pretty good turnout, I'd say there were about 20+/- cars there. Attendance is generally lower in the summer months because of the heat - and it was pretty frikking hot! The showroom was open so it was easy to grab some ac for a few minutes (and spend money on parts!). Watched a Viper GTS with a blower make some dyno pulls, something was off with the tune but it still laid down upper 500's at the wheels. 

We will definitely check it out again in the future, nice group of people. Chatted with quite a few people that were digging what we do...

chump.JPG

Edited by pintodave
  • Like 5

Nice shot. That J.R's Mustang correct? I am still waiting for a reply from the Montgomery County Sheriffs department to see if the T Coupe will have any issues being on the road.

Maybe next year if my schedule slows and the better half is up to it I will try to get something together. Our Cars and Coffee gathering is a mess at times. But the Nifty Fifties group is outstand. I will keep you informed.

• Like 2

Will you Chumps be getting together at the August Cars and Coffee? Myself and a few friends are looking at starting a team.

On 7/22/2016 at 11:43 AM, JaMoto said:

Will you Chumps be getting together at the August Cars and Coffee? Myself and a few friends are looking at starting a team.

Honestly, probably not, just since it will be so blazing hot out! If we happen to change our minds I'll definitely post it up on here. 

Where you guys based out of?

23 hours ago, pintodave said:

Honestly, probably not, just since it will be so blazing hot out! If we happen to change our minds I'll definitely post it up on here. 

Where you guys based out of?

We're in Orlando. A few of us have lots of autocross experience, one circle track experience. We have a shell of a Civic hatchback we're looking to have some fun with. If not August, we'll catch you at the next one.

• Like 2