Where is the "cheaty bastages" Crank Yankers Gateway post?

dogtired

It was a very tough weekend.  Hot as Hades.

1 qualifying and 7 sprints and a 6 hour Enduro Saturday. We finished at 10:00PM, then we had to prep the car for the 7 hour Enduro the next day.

Little time to relax.  

Bill and Jillian did a great job keeping schedule. Everyone played nice, from what I saw.

For those that didn't make it, you lost out.  Its a great track, bunch of fun, and quite technical.

The attraction for me was running the Sprints and seeing the trucks.  The unfortunate thing was that the Trucks cancelled.  The upside for Chump Racers  was more Sprints and a longer Enduro Saturday. Its going to take me a week to get over the heat, and energy exhaustion!

I loved the format, although I would have preferred a little more breathing room, and finishing earlier Saturday. I think I am getting old.

Thanks To Bill and Jillian, Chump Staff and all involved.

Congratulations to Crank Yankers for the numerous- Sprint, Enduro, and Overall Class, and weekend wins. Tyler and crew  literally drove the wheels off the car :)

Congrats to all Teams that got through the weekend.Especially the rookie Team in the white car.  Can't remember their name.  They experienced numerous mechanical issues including the hood smashing back into, and destroying the windshield.

They never gave up. We pushed them over the finish line at the end.  Great Chump spirit.

13407335_696140707191750_3689195823618585973_n.jpg

Edited by samluke
  • Like 5

• Administrators
3 hours ago, samluke said:

It was a very tough weekend.  Hot as Hades.

1 qualifying and 7 sprints and a 6 hour Enduro Saturday. We finished at 10:00PM, then we had to prep the car for the 7 hour Enduro the next day.

Little time to relax.  

Bill and Jillian did a great job keeping schedule. Everyone played nice, from what I saw.

For those that didn't make it, you lost out.  Its a great track, bunch of fun, and quite technical.

The attraction for me was running the Sprints and seeing the trucks.  The unfortunate thing was that the Trucks cancelled.  The upside for Chump Racers  was more Sprints and a longer Enduro Saturday. Its going to take me a week to get over the heat, and energy exhaustion!

I loved the format, although I would have preferred a little more breathing room, and finishing earlier Saturday. I think I am getting old.

Thanks To Bill and Jillian, Chump Staff and all involved.

Congratulations to Crank Yankers for the numerous- Sprint, Enduro, and Overall Class, and weekend wins. Tyler and crew  literally drove the wheels off the car :)

Congrats to all Teams that got through the weekend.Especially the rookie Team in the white car.  Can't remember their name.  They experienced numerous mechanical issues including the hood smashing back into, and destroying the windshield.

They never gave up. We pushed them over the finish line at the end.  Great Chump spirit.

13407335_696140707191750_3689195823618585973_n.jpg

Thanks Richard!  It was a lot of fun battling with you and your team over the weekend.  You guys did really well and were fast.

3 hours ago, CoachMK21 said:

This is the 3rd hood/windshield smashing incident I've seen lately. 2 at WGI and 1 at Gateway.  Check those hood pins and make sure they aren't rusted out.  A flying hood at 100+ is no laughing matter.

Not just the hood pins -- I think it was a K&N East event recently where someone had the entire hood-pin-attachment unit rip out; apparently it hadn't been welded in properly.

13 hours ago, skierman64 said:

We kept our factory hood latch in place as a backup to the hood pins.  Luckily we've never had to use it but it's there just in case.  1lb of security. 

I just put mine back on before this event.  Never had an issue with hood pins, but its cheap, easy and effective security. 

Hopefully it never gets tested.

Edited by samluke
  • Like 1