Jump to content

NCM Offical and Results..


Recommended Posts

  • ChampCar Staff

Well, we're green here.. Have been for a while, what else do you want to know?

 

Bill Strong has managed to get into the lead, there's a pool here in Race Control about how long that will last..

 

I'll update this post with the results each day.. Or I could make up the results now...

 

Well, after some great racing and small oil down, final results for Saturday are posted here:

 

http://www.mylaps.com/en/classification/3999669

 

 

And after a great day of Sunday racing here at NCM, Bill Strong's #79 Racing Strong car records a win. Well Done Bill! We managed to scare up a few cans of beer to shower the driver with! Look for videos to be uploaded..

 

Final results for Sunday can be found here:

 

http://www.mylaps.com/en/classification/4005976

 

 

Dana

Edited by DuncanDana
Results added...
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • ChampCar Staff

We had 38 cars take the start, just beginning the first round of scheduled stops for most teams. We shall see how the leaders shake out based on their fuel range.

 

Race Hero seems to be running ok, if you have any feedback on it please jump over to that thread and let me know.

 

Dana

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • ChampCar Staff

We are under a double yellow to deliver lunches to the corner stations.. We had to recover a disabled car so it seemed like a good time..

 

I just noticed that Race Hero shows a big yellow bar at the bottom of the page when the yellow is triggered on Orbits..

 

Car 16, a Fox body Mustang is on the roll-back, three tires pointing forward and one tire pointing hard to the left..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • ChampCar Staff

Not sure who is driving Bill's #79 car, but they just logged the fastest lap of the race at a 1:41.953.

 

Car 172, our current leader is on an interesting fuel strategy. The changed drivers at the 2-hour mark, but are running long on fuel changes. The car is a 1995 318is and they can run a long time on a tank. We shall see how that works out as the day goes. Since the last round of stops 79 has run their lead down from about 40 seconds and as I type this, 79 takes the lead..

Edited by DuncanDana
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • ChampCar Staff
1 minute ago, DuncanDana said:

Not sure who is driving Bill's #79 car, but they just logged the fastest lap of the race at a 1:41.953.

 

Car 172, our current leader is on an interesting fuel strategy. The changed drivers at the 2-hour mark, but are running long on fuel changes. The car is a 1995 318is and they can run a long time on a tank. We shall see how that works out as the day goes. Since the last round of stops 79 has run their lead down from about seconds and as I type this, 79 takes the lead..

Troy Truglio

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Technical Advisory Committee

Dana man thanks for the updates and keep them coming !!!  Can't app this pad to get race hero .  Hopefully when Conner gets home from work he can do it..  That Troy is on a roll , man wish I was there with you guys .Oops and gals....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • ChampCar Staff
1 hour ago, mcoppola said:

What happened to 170 victorious secret? Looks like problems around lap 62, right after the round of pit stops 

I believe they're having electrical issues and something is up with the fuel pump...

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • ChampCar Staff
1 hour ago, mcoppola said:

What happened to 170 victorious secret? Looks like problems around lap 62, right after the round of pit stops 

 

Not sure, but they were off track for 26 minutes, and then off again for another 10 minutes later, then off for another 8 after that..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • ChampCar Staff
9 minutes ago, mcoppola said:

What happened to it yesterday?

 

 

He had a lot of information about it on his myfacespcae-page.. but he broke a shifter linkage, had a brake pad fall out, had a wheel bearing go bad, and possibly something else. But he got it all repaired and is back out running 1:46's today.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Technical Advisory Committee

Congrats to Spartan Racing on their win yesterday. 

John, Nate and the rest of this team are a class act. As someone mentioned, their lap times are pretty impressive for a 4 cylinder car vs the 6 cyl bimmers. And their fuel/pit stop strategies just keep paying dividends for them. Looks like possibly only 1 stop for fuel over the 7 hours. Dana mentioned their first stop after 2 hours was just for a driver change and from what I can tell, looks like the last stop did the same. I don't know how you guys do it!!!

Hope to see you guys later this summer. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • ChampCar Staff
2 minutes ago, mcoppola said:

Congrats to Spartan Racing on their win yesterday. 

John, Nate and the rest of this team are a class act. As someone mentioned, their lap times are pretty impressive for a 4 cylinder car vs the 6 cyl bimmers. And their fuel/pit stop strategies just keep paying dividends for them. Looks like possibly only 1 stop for fuel over the 7 hours. Dana mentioned their first stop after 2 hours was just for a driver change and from what I can tell, looks like the last stop did the same. I don't know how you guys do it!!!

Hope to see you guys later this summer. 

 

 

And it looks like they are on that same strategy today. They came in for their first driver change, I looked at the race clock.. 1:59.58.. Now that is some impressive time management.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Technical Advisory Committee

Also, a shout out to Justin Lee with the Thing3 Miata. Justin has the reliability on his car down pat, and obviously the dynamics development too. 

Their 9th place finish yesterday is even more impressive due to the fact that he had 3 new w2w drivers as his teammates this weekend!!!

Justin is a good new friend and supporter, and is definitely the type of guy you'd want to race with, or be pit mates with, as we were fortunate enough to be last Fall. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...