Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
BaileyCCC

CASTROL FINAL RESULTS + LAP TIMES

Recommended Posts

Simply hit the COMPARE COMPETITOR icon and all your lap times are visible. Not sure if you can download them but at least you can see them.

 

Edited by Richard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That works on mylaps; how does that work on Race Monitor?

 

When will mylaps have the second day data? Only day 1 right now.

Edited by mender

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mender said:

Any word about getting the results for Day 2 posted?

Bailey timing and scoring is out in the woods near cold lake. So internet access might be difficult. I will direct her to this thread. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for all the fun folks.   Most memorable start to hopefully a great Chump career.  LOL

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Mudflap said:

Thanks for all the fun folks.   Most memorable start to hopefully a great Chump career.  LOL

 

Congratulation, you had a big variance in your driver abilities.  Just to put a face to a name I was the one at the end of day two in impound that said good job on getting your new build to the finish.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Ron_e said:

 

Congratulation, you had a big variance in your driver abilities.  Just to put a face to a name I was the one at the end of day two in impound that said good job on getting your new build to the finish.  

Thanks Ron, I know the face and the name now.   We learned a ton and are now preparing for the next race.   We will be better, faster and more competitive.   Look out for another top 10 finish.  We had one experienced driver, one with a little bit of experience and three newbies on the team.   Now we are all experienced, learned tons, had copious amounts of fun and are looking to improve all aspects.   We'll give you old pharts a run for your money soon. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Mudflap said:

Thanks Ron, I know the face and the name now.   We learned a ton and are now preparing for the next race.   We will be better, faster and more competitive.   Look out for another top 10 finish.  We had one experienced driver, one with a little bit of experience and three newbies on the team.   Now we are all experienced, learned tons, had copious amounts of fun and are looking to improve all aspects.   We'll give you old pharts a run for your money soon. 

 

A top ten at a 12 hour on your first outing is something to be proud of for sure.  When and where is your next race?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Mudflap said:

Thanks Ron, I know the face and the name now.   We learned a ton and are now preparing for the next race.   We will be better, faster and more competitive.   Look out for another top 10 finish.  We had one experienced driver, one with a little bit of experience and three newbies on the team.   Now we are all experienced, learned tons, had copious amounts of fun and are looking to improve all aspects.   We'll give you old pharts a run for your money soon. 

 

I was impressed early on with your driver's abilities to not spin - being serious here. Newer drivers in a newer car can very easily get into a spin and cause a ruckus. I was behind you guys on a couple corners where you had big drifts but kept it together. Might have driven off the track a bit but didn't spin. Was nice to see. And then to see your team crushing laps by the end of the weekend was awesome! (I was one of the drivers in the 787b themed rx7 in the next pit down from you)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, shields8 said:

 

I was impressed early on with your driver's abilities to not spin - being serious here. Newer drivers in a newer car can very easily get into a spin and cause a ruckus. I was behind you guys on a couple corners where you had big drifts but kept it together. Might have driven off the track a bit but didn't spin. Was nice to see. And then to see your team crushing laps by the end of the weekend was awesome! (I was one of the drivers in the 787b themed rx7 in the next pit down from you)

Thanks shields8 for the comments, much appreciated.   Glad to hear we fit in well.   My biggest worry being a new team was causing safety concerns for others.   I just told the guys start smart and build up.   It was great having you guys next to us, I was watching other teams and how they prepped, monitored, etc such as yourselves.  I'd like to know how you guys monitor your car.   I see you had a wireless device on your car and getting telemetry information.  Can you share?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mudflap said:

  I'd like to know how you guys monitor your car.   I see you had a wireless device on your car and getting telemetry information.  Can you share?

 

We use race capture pro (https://www.autosportlabs.com/). They make telemetry systems for racing applications. Not too expensive, though I'm pretty sure we bought ours when the dollar was at par. We use the sim version vs bluetooth and just buy a prepaid sim card (rogers or in the states verizon) and throw the card in the box.

 

Good forums on their website on how to set everything up. I don't think it was too hard. We haven't quite gotten our critical sensors working yet (temps and pressures) but the lap times is really nice to have and position on the track so we can let our drivers know how they are doing on consistency (which is what we try and focus on). 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, shields8 said:

 

We use race capture pro (https://www.autosportlabs.com/). They make telemetry systems for racing applications. Not too expensive, though I'm pretty sure we bought ours when the dollar was at par. We use the sim version vs bluetooth and just buy a prepaid sim card (rogers or in the states verizon) and throw the card in the box.

 

Good forums on their website on how to set everything up. I don't think it was too hard. We haven't quite gotten our critical sensors working yet (temps and pressures) but the lap times is really nice to have and position on the track so we can let our drivers know how they are doing on consistency (which is what we try and focus on). 

this is perfect, thank you.   I'm a big fan of digital exhaust.   More the better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone!

 

Sorry this took so long there was a bit of a mix up after the race, and the timing computer ended up heading back to Ontario while I was in Alberta until this evening.  

 

LAP TIMES:

 

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8EhVRUL9EABYnVDaGNSOWtPa1U  (day 2 on second tab)

 

MYLAPS Results:

 

http://www.mylaps.com/en/events/1305616 (both days)

 

Bailey 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Already have! Our Sunday tires were maybe 0.5 seconds faster thn the Saturday tires, and replacing our failing fuel presure regulator was worth close to a second.  :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We were running 2 seconds faster with Falken Tires on Sunday vs the Saturday Dunlops. We were able to get down to 1:39 laps on Sunday.   Some more tweaking and we should be closer to you guys.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unless if you have some very good drivers I would put most of the improvement down to the drivers.  Which Dunlops?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ron_e said:

Unless if you have some very good drivers I would put most of the improvement down to the drivers.  Which Dunlops?

Agreed that our drivers were improving, but we did have one driver with us who has many years experience racing.   He was able to trim 2 seconds off just moving from the Dunlop SportMaxx RTs, Saturday Tires running at a quickest 1:41 lap, to Sunday Tires, which were Falken Azenis, running a 1:39.   He was our water mark for car performance.   And agreed that the rookie drivers started getting faster too just by settling down and driving better.   But all of the drivers felt that comparing the tires Dunlop vs Falken, that the Falken Tires appear to be a good fit for us.   The Dunlops were really loud on corners and when you really pushed them, would roll over on the sidewall.   The Falkens were sticky, not as noisy, did not roll over the sidewall and we felt they were just better.  Now we have to figure out how long the Falkens will last for us now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×