Las Vegas 13

LAMR2

Another fantastic race on the roval in Vegas. 13 hours of racing comes down to Miata P.I winning by just 15 seconds over Door Slammers. Three Miatas in the top 5.

I'll start the videos with a near-miss in the first stint. Roto-Plooker Racing with Mikiel at the wheel passing Occupy Pit Lane(I think).

note: when racing at night, make sure to clean your camera lens 

• Like 2

We had a blast watching our car go around the track for 5 laps. We left Vegas on Sun morning and drove to L.A. and put our spare motor in so we will be ready for Fontana. i guess the good thing is our brake,tires and etc. do not need to be replaced. We believe we lost the oil pump or a bearing in the engine. We will be in Fontana and ready to race. Congrats to Miata PI for the (close) win and to everyone else who survived the 13 hours. how was the chicken at midnight.

Mike

• Like 2

The chicken was really good when I got out of the car at 1:30 due to our trans sounding like a sick metal blender. Sorry about your engine was looking forward to seeing you on the podium again.

22 hours ago, LAMR2 said:

Another fantastic race on the roval in Vegas. 13 hours of racing comes down to Miata P.I winning by just 15 seconds over Door Slammers. Three Miatas in the top 5.

I'll start the videos with a near-miss in the first stint. Roto-Plooker Racing with Mikiel at the wheel passing Occupy Pit Lane(I think).

Isn't that the same Miata that went full speed down pit lane thinking it was the track?

Edited by M.Brane

On 8/15/2016 at 9:15 AM, LAMR2 said:

Here's the same footage from my car. I didn't realize until I watched this frame by frame that I actually touched his mirror. Ugh. My mistake. I thought for sure he knew I was there since we'd been dicing through the last couple of turns. He appeared lined up to stay to the right through the gap, so I thought I'd go to the left. Then he seemed to move to the center as he went through so I just got as close as I could to the wall. Even so, no question I deranged his mirror (at least I didn't break it off!), and since I very much doubt he moved over intentionally I imagine I surprised the hell out of him. I'll get in touch with Bill and find out which team that was so I can apologize.

• Like 1

we had fun and learned a lot for our second time out and finished 8th. crazy things go on all night long, we never had to put a screwdriver to our car other than fuel, ice and a change of tires. still need to work out some things and looking forward to the next race.

• Like 1

Hey guys!

This is Jon D’Avolio, the owner of the company that came out and shot last weekend’s ChumpCar race (If you couldn’t tell already from the username)

My team and I had a great time coming out and documenting the Las Vegas 13! Collectively we shot over 3,000 high resolution photos, 3+ hours of 4k video footage from 3 different cameras, and got some incredible 4k drone coverage of the event as well! (BIG thank you to Bill for allowing us the opportunity to fly, despite it being questionable with the air force base being so close!) 

With the race being at night and not having the track properly lit up was a particular challenge for photographing  something as fast-moving as a Chump Car, but nevertheless we got some incredible coverage. We started pre-race, and shot basically everything from the moment the race started, straight through the night, and into the next morning - including photos, video, and drone shots. We made especially sure to get full coverage of every car/team in the event, both on and off the track. The morning sunlight and beauty of the mountains in the background made for some really spectacular photos that ended up turning out even more amazing after minor processing in photoshop.

I just wanted to come on here to say thank you to everyone for being such great sports and letting us get in your way all day/night/day and shoot an obscene number of photos of you all. Everything turned out AMAZING. The link below will take you to some general event photos taken throughout the course of the night - free of charge. 

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0vremmh5q2k2zk7/AABkQspFoLKwvMprTjdo1Zoha?dl=0

We are just about done touching up each team's individual pictures in photoshop, and should have them all ready to go within the next few days. 

Some teams either approached me at the event and ordered photos/video on the spot, and others have hit me up via email after the fact. The deal we were running at the race still stands, and is $75 for all the best shots of your team on and off the track, plus general event photos throughout the course of the race. Drone coverage/video is available as well, as soon as I am finished editing it. 

PayPal, Venmo, or a good ol’ fashioned check in the mail is totally fine for payment.  If anyone has any questions or would like to order their photos/video, hit us up! (Contact info below)

Thanks again guys! It was a pleasure to meet you all, and I hope that we can make it out to the next race! 

Jon D’Avolio

Address for checks to be sent - 

Jon D’Avolio Productions LLC

7001 Vista del Mar Lane

Playa del Rey, California 90293

www.jondavolio.com

PayPal Email Address - davolio.jon@gmail.com

Venmo name - @Jon-Davolio

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

We haven't gotten anything so I pinged him just now myself. I would suggest you contact him directly as well using the contact information he posted above. 

Edit: He is out of town until September 7 - I just received an autoreply. 

Edited by FlorahDorah

Hello everyone!

I apologize sincerely for not sending these photos out before I left town! I had an unexpected delay after my trip which ended up extending my time out of office, but I am back now.

For those of you who have contacted me directly asking for your photos, I have just sent them out. If you have not received your photos yet, an automated email will be sent out to you as soon as everything is done being uploaded to dropbox. In this email, you will be receiving a link to your team's personal race photos, with another link to the photos I previously posted on here, plus additional general race photos for those who paid for them. 

Thank you again everyone! It was a pleasure to meet all of you, and would love to continue capturing moments at future race events.

If anyone has any questions for me, I can be reached at davolio.jon@gmail.com

Again, I am sorry for the delay with these, and thank you all for your patience. 

Jon D'Avolio 

• 1 month later...