Sign in to follow this  
the5

Best Cellular Service to use?

Hey Guys was going to post this soon but the new forum Inspired me to post!

Looking for opinions on the Best Mifi cellular service to use? 

Mostly run in the Northeast ( VIR, Watkins Glen, NJMP ect)

Lmk what you guys have found!

Vir...  verizon best    sprint pretty good

Wgi.. verizon good  sprint very good

Ncm... verizon good

Laguna seca... at&t very good verizon and sprint good

Cota... verizon very good

Amp ... sprint ok verizon spotty but ok.

2 hours ago, the5 said:

Hey Why dont we start a master list of Cell service at the track? Maybe rate on a 1-5 Scale

It's already been done.

Look in the "Live Streaming FAQ: Read 2nd" post.

Here's an excerpt from it with the link to the master list...

edit:  The link is not active here, but go to the thread I quoted above and you can open the file. Racecast is also asking for users to help fill in the list.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

QUESTION: What cell carrier should I choose?

ANSWER: We get asked this question a lot so we have begun compiling data from the tracks our customers are streaming from. Check out our Cellular Data Quality — Results Per Track Based on Actual Live-Stream Experiencegoogle sheet. If you visit a track or use a carrier at a track we don’t already have results for, please email us and help out the community!

Let us know what carrier you were using so we can review your archive and add the information to our spreadsheet! support@racerconnect.com

Edited by mcoppola

^ I believe that service at a lot of these tracks is fluid. As technology changes, one service may get better than another. Or when NASCAR changes services, that could change what works at certain tracks a s well. 

3 hours ago, Bill Strong said:

^ I believe that service at a lot of these tracks is fluid. As technology changes, one service may get better than another. Or when NASCAR changes services, that could change what works at certain tracks a s well. 

I gave you good data for Barber and Laguna this year with AT&T.  Please update. 

• Like 1

I have been testing all services at all tracks that CCES visits for the past year and a half.

4G LTE and LTE Extended
Verizon is number one.
AT&T number 2
sprint... waaaaay back.

But it also depends on the time of year.  it's like they throttle the services.

22 hours ago, pintodave said:

Anyone tried Google Fi with a hotspot yet???

I have had googleFi for a few years now, love the service but have never used it to be a hotspot in our pitbox.  I just rent a hotspot from https://daypasswireless.com/  ends up being like $45 for the weekend for a Sprint Hotspot with unlimited data.

• Like 3

On 7/11/2019 at 7:48 AM, MoparBoyy said:

I have had googleFi for a few years now, love the service but have never used it to be a hotspot in our pitbox.  I just rent a hotspot from https://daypasswireless.com/  ends up being like $45 for the weekend for a Sprint Hotspot with unlimited data.

Do you only pay for the time that you are using data? Or do you play for the time that you have the hotspot? I hate cutting it close with shipping.