House

Chump Car Starter Kit

Sold

Due to our team leader (me) moving almost 2 hours from the car (stupid), buying a house (really?), and getting married (COME ON!!!) in the coming year, Red Shoe Racing is closing up shop. So I have two questions if this ad is for you.

Can you deal with FWD?

Do you like turbos?

If you answered yes to both of those questions, have we got a starter kit for you. Currently located in Port Huron, MI and sitting at a comfortable 290 points in the 2017 rules, is our 2001 Ford Focus. Why is this a great turbo platform? Our last race out at Pittsburgh it was able to do 2.5 hours on 12.5 gallons. We did it twice. That is a lot of extra power potential even before you put a 15 gallon fuel cell in it. Powered by a 2.0L Zetec it has the potential to put out 300 HP at the wheels without too much effort. All that and still sitting at 390 points!

Proformance adders currently on the car:

Koni STR.T dampers all around

Cone Corksport air filter with streamlined intake

Brake cooling vanes; modified from Porsche 996 vanes

Commercial camber plates on the front end adding -1° per side (+20 points)

Crane Stage 2 camshafts (originals included in package for turbo applications) (+50 points)

ECU Flashed

Rabbit fence radiator screen

Poly rear suspension bushings

Steeda 28mm rear sway bar (+20 points)

Safety currently on the car:

MOMO Daytona XL seat

6 point, 3" harness

Quick release wheel

6 point, Chump legal, 1.50"x.120" tubing, NASCAR bars on both sides, installed by a guy who put cooling lines into nuclear reactors (read extra safe)

Fire suppression system with one nozzle pointed at the fuel rail and one at your head.

Included in with this awesome ride is everything you will need on pit road short of the pop-up and tool box. Including but not limited to (I'm doing this from memory)

3 Chump legal fuel cans. Currently set up they will dump 5 gallons in about 40 seconds (car holds 12.5)

2 55 gallon drums

Chump legal catch pan

All the kitty litter we have left

10 lbs fire extinguisher

Spares and alternate parts package also included

5 sets of wheels, 2 sets of 15", 3 sets of 16" (1 Stock, 2 aftermarket)

1 Set of steering knuckles.

Anything else we have laying around with a Ford stamp on it you want. We have a lot.

Asking price: $3500 obo for car package, Add $1400 to price to get the trailer that has been used to haul it to each event the last 2 years. Trailer had tires replace this spring, power brakes, LED lights. Hauls nicely. If it wasn't for that Focus tailgating you the whole way you wouldn't know it was there. PM me for any question, concerns, offers, drive opportunities, etc.

Edited by RedShoeRacing
  • Like 1

What a deal,  and to think that someone thought you couldn't find a $3500 car with a $2000 cage.  :rolleyes:

Any pictures of this car?  What number was the car at Pitt?

1 hour ago, DEE DEE said:

What a deal,  and to think that someone thought you couldn't find a $3500 car with a $2000 cage.  :rolleyes:

Any pictures of this car?  What number was the car at Pitt?

Cage was only $600 but it is a really nice cage. I will see what I can do to get some pictures up today. We were car 11 at Pittsburgh.

39 minutes ago, skierman64 said:

Somebody's priorities are effed.

I know. It is killing me. Keeping all my personal gear in case I can find funding and time for a ride.

• Like 1