ChumpCar 2017 Updates

• Administrators

Just a quick note as I am still traveling home from Sebring.

1. I will update the forms and rules to only display the 2017 stuff.

2. We will finish updating the 2017 forms. Phil found some missing info, and some things that he wants added to help simplify his job after using them at Sebring.

3. I need to update and correct the word and PDF files for the 2017 schedule.

4. If you guys see errors on the website, please let me know.  I need to do some house cleaning too on that main site.

5. Update sponsors page with new sponsors and links.

Bill

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Bill Strong said:

4. If you guys see errors on the website, please let me know.  I need to do some house cleaning too on that main site.

the October 2017 Road America race dates differ between the pdf of the schedule and the webpage

• Like 1

• Administrators

1. I will update the forms and rules to only display the 2017 stuff.

2. We will finish updating the 2017 forms. Phil found some missing info, and some things that he wants added to help simplify his job after using them at Sebring.

3. I need to update and correct the word and PDF files for the 2017 schedule.

5. Update sponsors page with new sponsors and links.

yes, and i use the oxford comma, but i screwed that one up, as that was only two items and not three. sorry.

On the 2017 Swap Sheet, this line is present:

7. Swaps that reduce power and result in a negative VPI number will use a flat 50-point fee

and while it's obvious what is meant, it's factually inaccurate since swaps which reduce power DON'T result in a negative VPI (the formula doesn't work that way). 

This line should be changed to: "Swapping in an engine which has a lower HP rating than the stock engine will be valued at 50 points" (or something very similar.. whatever wording you prefer)

On 1/2/2017 at 6:54 AM, Bill Strong said:

Bill

Edited by enginerd
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, enginerd said:

On the 2017 Swap Sheet, this line is present:

and while it's obvious what is meant, it's factually inaccurate since swaps which reduce power DON'T result in a negative VPI (the formula doesn't work that way). 

This line should be changed to: "Swapping in an engine which has a lower HP rating than the stock engine will be valued at 50 points" (or something very similar.. whatever wording you prefer)

This isnt even the case...  the web formula is purely based on the incoming PWR, so even if you swap in less HP, you can still be over the 50 point limit for your PWR if you started with one of those cars with substantial PWR.

17 minutes ago, Xph said:

This isnt even the case...  the web formula is purely based on the incoming PWR, so even if you swap in less HP, you can still be over the 50 point limit for your PWR if you started with one of those cars with substantial PWR.

Correct. That is how the formula actually works. My assumption was that ChumpCar added note: 7 to accomplish two things:

1) prevent engine swap values from going below 50 points (which actually can't happen...)

2) fix a 'bug?' brought up by mustang teams where reduced HP swaps can be assessed a value in excess of 50 points

Obviously Bill / Phil will have to weigh in with the intent and then the wording can be fixed.

• Like 2

Clearly the "Oxford Comma" is an english thing.  Typically wrong like their electrical systems.

I asked my wife, a hot 50 year old, mother of two, commercial pilot, biologist and english major.  Lucas is verboten in her family.

She says....It depends on weather you are connecting two complete thoughts or two nouns.

Not sure what she is saying but I DO NOT LIKE OXFORD or Lucas electrics.

Edited by lizzard
  • Like 3

Like she said, commas are for splitting up a sentence so that the words convey the intended meaning. "Clearly" is the intent of the rules regarding comma usage.

So, is she a biologist with an English major or did she get her degree with majors in biology and English? The difference will determine whether you need to have a comma between biologist and the and before English or not. Ask her and let us know what she says. :)

• Like 4