The 12 Hour at VIR South

takjak2

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Technical Advisory Committee
1 hour ago, takjak2 said:

Yes, absolutely. Sunset is 6:15pm and the checkered comes out at 9pm.

Last year:

VIRsouthNight.jpg

You took that picture before it started raining ,   you might need wipers to... i guess you could  just stay in front of the guys with the super bright headlights ...

I have some interest in running this - not sure if I can get everything together quick enough and have committed drivers. There's very few entries at present. Is it safe to assume there will be a good size field and the event won't be cancelled?

Edited by obxr

VIR's schedule has charity laps on the full course occurring Friday. This is run out of the North paddock, with donations per 15-20 minute session. They are generally low to moderate speed behind a pace car and trail car. Street cars invited with no gear requirement.

Tarheel Sports Car Club is running an HPDE there the weekend prior, running the Grand Course on Sunday. Good opportunity to warm up with "the bitch" and infield.

• 2 weeks later...

Pocket Deuces Racing (a mid-west team for a little while and then a west coast--Ridge, Pacific Raceways, Oregon Raceway Park, Thunderhill--team for a couple years) should be making its east coast debut here.

Does anyone know if Chump is still selling its side number lights, or are any side lights ok now?  We have the old ChumpStore side number lights on our '78 Fiesta out west, but our east coast '90 Miata does not have them yet.  I just went to check the ChumpStore, and they don't seem to be available....

-Henry

• Administrators
On 2/1/2017 at 11:53 AM, HGHarpen17 said:

Pocket Deuces Racing (a mid-west team for a little while and then a west coast--Ridge, Pacific Raceways, Oregon Raceway Park, Thunderhill--team for a couple years) should be making its east coast debut here.

Does anyone know if Chump is still selling its side number lights, or are any side lights ok now?  We have the old ChumpStore side number lights on our '78 Fiesta out west, but our east coast '90 Miata does not have them yet.  I just went to check the ChumpStore, and they don't seem to be available....

-Henry

make your own lights. super easy. Chump won't supply them anymore. You guys can come up with better, cheaper

solutions than JC did. 

17 minutes ago, Bill Strong said:

make your own lights. super easy. Chump won't supply them anymore. You guys can come up with better, cheaper

solutions than JC did. 

Bill, thanks for the response.  That's the first time I've heard that officially stated, and it sounds good to me.

• Administrators

It's not a major race event, so it will have limited coverage.

I am also racing. But if you throw up your videos on Racecast, I believe Paul will do a show. I am going to work on tech so that I can talk to paul during yellow flags from the car.

• 2 weeks later...

Allright this is the next one up , where is all the regular east coast smack talk ?   Heard through the grapevine the 777 was not going to make it .  GLAD I got the call to drive with another team today,   a fast one too..   

Allright this is the next one up , where is all the regular east coast smack talk ?   Heard through the grapevine the 777 was not going to make it .  GLAD I got the call to drive with another team today,   a fast one too..   

Our team (Pocket Deuces Racing) is new to the east coast after a few years on the west coast, but I'll start: We have a naturally aspirated 1.6 Miata sitting on Raceland coilovers (came with the car when we bought it, and we've been too cheap to buy anything) that now have 6 races and two 6-hour open track sessions on them.  We're coming to win.

50 cars signed up so far, should be a good turnout on the South course.

Will Huggins Racing turn their Road Atlanta performance into a win?

Will the Virginia Tech team be fixing their car in the pits?

Will the Zipline MR2 GT-Lv6 set new lap records or break new things?

Will RiffRAF Racing's 1974 Triumph TR-6 be the oldest car in the paddock?

Will Blitzvinnig be protested or banned?

Will there be a cool event sticker from RVA Graphics & Wraps?

Just looked over the entry list , pocket duces hope yall have eaten your Wheaties and are prepared for your east coast welcome,  what a lineup .. From what I've heard Bills Zipline MR2 Lv6 br549 is not ready and he is going to be racing the Ian Strong Opel GT. Lots of heat showing up for this one ,what am I saying it's an East Coast event so the heat is always on over here .. wonder how many more are going to show up ?  my guess another 14 or so .. Glad Im in it and I like our chances ..  good luck to all ..

Just looked over the entry list , pocket duces hope yall have eaten your Wheaties and are prepared for your east coast welcome,  what a lineup .. From what I've heard Bills Zipline MR2 Lv6 br549 is not ready and he is going to be racing the Ian Strong Opel GT. Lots of heat showing up for this one ,what am I saying it's an East Coast event so the heat is always on over here .. wonder how many more are going to show up ?  my guess another 14 or so .. Glad Im in it and I like our chances ..  good luck to all ..

You driving that BRE livery Datsun this time?