RVA Graphics & Wraps

A little more info about window banners number plates etc.

The ones at the track will be only the standard black ones.  We are not planning on printing out a bunch of colors so we won't be left with Chartreuse or Burnt Sienna if no one chooses them.  See earlier post in this thread on instructions to order from RVAGFX.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, RVA Graphics & Wraps said:

The ones at the track will be only the standard black ones.  We are not planning on printing out a bunch of colors so we won't be left with Chartreuse or Burnt Sienna if no one chooses them.  See earlier post in this thread on instructions to order from RVAGFX.

I'm happy to use these... the  "new" style banner looks extremely professional and proclaims racecar loud and clear :lol:  I'll be ordering two custom color banners and a full set of number plates once they're both available on the website!

21 hours ago, RVA Graphics & Wraps said:

Sent email yesterday...

On 1/23/2017 at 7:25 PM, Z06LOL said:

Technically TIC WRX but no clue who Adam is LOL

Sorry, and yes it is actually a WRX.

Back in 2004-2005, I lived in Cincinnati and was good friends with Clint and Tony. We did ALOT together modifying mostly Subarus. When they went to start TIC, they were both gung-ho to quit their jobs which they didn't enjoy, and I wasn't planning to quit mine. I didn't join them in starting the company. We all used to go auto-x a bunch with Tony W (the WRX pictured) and others. One of the other friends in the group was named Adam and he previously had a Z06.  It has been a couple years since I have been back to see those guys. They were like family to me.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JBgotM said:

Sorry, and yes it is actually a WRX.

Back in 2004-2005, I lived in Cincinnati and was good friends with Clint and Tony. We did ALOT together modifying mostly Subarus. When they went to start TIC, they were both gung-ho to quit their jobs which they didn't enjoy, and I wasn't planning to quit mine. I didn't join them in starting the company. We all used to go auto-x a bunch with Tony W (the WRX pictured) and others. One of the other friends in the group was named Adam and he previously had a Z06.  It has been a couple years since I have been back to see those guys. They were like family to me.

PM sent, the world is a small place

interesting....

"Sponsor logos on front windshield in all three series: The names of drivers no longer will appear on a Cup car's front windshield, according to an addition to the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Rule Book. Instead, Monster Energy will have its logo and name across the top of the front windshield with the car manufacturer's logo. Both Xfinity and Camping World have their names across the front windshield of the vehicles in their series. The driver's name moves to the rear windshield on Cup cars - matching where a driver's name is located in the Xfinity and Camping World Truck Series. The move was made to align the Cup series with the Xfinity and Camping World Truck Series in series sponsor placement on the vehicle. The driver's name has adorned the front windshield of Cup cars since 2013. During the opening round of last year's Cup playoffs, the Twitter handles for each title-eligible driver was placed on the front windshield instead of the driver's name.(1-28-2017) "

1 hour ago, beasleysteven said:

How wide is that vertical banner with the sponsor logos on it. I am just trying to get the new number plates in the correct position to allow room for it on the door panels. 

Went by and picked mine up yesterday. The sponsor decal is 9"×22" and the smaller decal that goes on the end of the # panel is 6 3/4"×13".

• Like 1

Any chance i can get a decal to update our number placards that would only cover the chump part of it? ( our number placards are very new!)

Seams silly to have to get three new sets of placards and numbers

Thanks

IMG_3828.JPG

IMG_3800.JPG

17 minutes ago, olddude13 said:

Any chance i can get a decal to update our number placards that would only cover the chump part of it? ( our number placards are very new!)

Seams silly to have to get three new sets of placards and numbers

Thanks

IMG_3828.JPG

IMG_3800.JPG

Looks like a nice car!

• Like 1

Sorry for the photo quality, but I wanted to show the difference between the reflective and standard number panels.  This picture was taken from about 20' away with a flash, to demonstrate how the reflective panels pick up and reflect light.  We have used reflective material for our company logos in our service vehicle fleet and I can assure you if there is any light shining anywhere near the panel, it reflects it back.  When I asked Mike about using these instead of those wonderful boat trailer lights, he said that the lights were not going to be mandated anymore, it was just the responsibility of each team to make sure their numbers could be seen.  

Also, attached is a copy of the event sticker for the upcoming race this weekend at RA.  There will be one in each race packet, and a few more available at registration.

Looking forward to seeing everyone there, travel safe!

IMG_7231.jpg

CHUMP_STICKER-ROAD_ATLANTA-Proof4.jpg

• Like 3

20 hours ago, MetalFusionSpeedZB said:

Looks like a nice car!

Looks more like a sports car to me. ;)

(Yes, that is a terrible pun, even by my low standards.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RVA Graphics & Wraps said:

IMG_7231.jpg

I wish these would be approved for night racing before the VIR12 hour. Can you show us an oblique look at night without the flash? How many cars are going to have this on for RA?

Especially since the door lights aren't being sold by Chumpcar right now. @chisek

On 2/1/2017 at 1:59 PM, takjak2 said:

Especially since the door lights aren't being sold by Chumpcar right now. @chisek

Run LED strips down the centerlines of the numbers; they'll be far more readable at a distance than the old lights ever were.

The 935 number panel has been delivered to the drivers seat of said vehicle.  The kelly green and red window banners are ready for pickup from the tech shed for those that ordered them.

Please give me a call if you don't have what you need.  

Justin

Edited by RVA Graphics & Wraps
  • Like 1

Can we get a clarification or an official ChumpCar position on what is allowable with the number panels and lighting them? The 363 seen above are ours and we have two reflective panels for each side of the car but I need to know if I have to add the lights as well, and if so where can I get them from since as mentioned as well since Chump is not selling them currently. 

Can we get a clarification or an official ChumpCar position on what is allowable with the number panels and lighting them? The 363 seen above are ours and we have two reflective panels for each side of the car but I need to know if I have to add the lights as well, and if so where can I get them from since as mentioned as well since Chump is not selling them currently. 

I sent the e-mail asking for an official answer before Road Atlanta. The response I got was that the reflective panels are not yet approved as a sole solution. Door lights are still required. The media director has since clarified the position that since Chumpcar is not selling the door lights, you are free to select and engineer your own solution. (LED License plate lights or lit numbers).

We just ordered some of these (for the 3rd car in our shop): https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M1KBHEM

• Like 1