Mazda guys....

3 hours ago, csadn said:

In a rotary's case: Literally as well as figuratively. :)

Yep trying to figure out how you could claim a couple of extra center sections and a pair of rotor housings...  you could do a three rotor with 2 13b's and just need a cosmo e-shaft...  but all that would get you is something heavier, less fuel efficient and more fragile than an SBC; or even maybe a modern v6...

And well the S5 needs to come down a bit yet to make the math work...  at 250-300 points it starts to look very attractive.

1 hour ago, Xph said:

Yep trying to figure out how you could claim a couple of extra center sections and a pair of rotor housings...  you could do a three rotor with 2 13b's and just need a cosmo e-shaft...  but all that would get you is something heavier, less fuel efficient and more fragile than an SBC; or even maybe a modern v6...

And well the S5 needs to come down a bit yet to make the math work...  at 250-300 points it starts to look very attractive.

Easy, two engines at 50 points each, weld two cranks together, I'm sure Montana could knock that out in about 17 minutes.  

19 hours ago, csadn said:

He'd have to want to have anything to do with a rotary first.... ;)

Same...   I have an FD, after you pop a couple of motors playing with tunes and boost, it gets old fast...  shoot a seal through a turbo and it costs almost as much as the LS motor I replaced it with :) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Xph said:

Same...   I have an FD, after you pop a couple of motors playing with tunes and boost, it gets old fast...  shoot a seal through a turbo and it costs almost as much as the LS motor I replaced it with :) 

Which leads to the question: What engines of roughly-equal HP and Torques would fit an RX7? (Or, for folk like me who prefer the outre, an RX3 or Rotary Pickup?)

6 hours ago, csadn said:

Which leads to the question: What engines of roughly-equal HP and Torques would fit an RX7? (Or, for folk like me who prefer the outre, an RX3 or Rotary Pickup?)

RX-7's can accept pretty much anything.  In the stock engine the crank is in the center which makes the stock trans sit high so the firewall and trans tunnel will fit anything that fits between the shock towers.  

18 hours ago, Ron_e said:

RX-7's can accept pretty much anything.  In the stock engine the crank is in the center which makes the stock trans sit high so the firewall and trans tunnel will fit anything that fits between the shock towers.  

That would explain the plethora of engine swaps for -7s out there....

• 2 weeks later...

Easy, two engines at 50 points each, weld two cranks together, I'm sure Montana could knock that out in about 17 minutes.  

When I was writing show ideas for our TV gig, I wrote a helluva show based on a multi engine vehicle.  Even if the show doesn't happen, I'm thinking pretty strongly about building it.  Everything takes time.  Getting hard to prioritize this stuff.  800 hours here... 300 hours there.  :P  It's getting a little easier, my son has become a solid fabricator. Not sure where he gets it.

When I was writing show ideas for our TV gig, I wrote a helluva show based on a multi engine vehicle.  Even if the show doesn't happen, I'm thinking pretty strongly about building it.  Everything takes time.  Getting hard to prioritize this stuff.  800 hours here... 300 hours there.  :P  It's getting a little easier, my son has become a solid fabricator. Not sure where he gets it.

http://thekneeslider.com/macs-it-special-rotex-powered-canam-racer/

>;)

• Like 1