Jump to content

Road Atlanta Final Results


DuncanDana
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Administrators
8 hours ago, red0 said:

Thank you Chumpstaff and volunteers for a great race! 

 

Good job Andrew.  Looks like that car is one of the cars to beat again this year.  1700# and 170 hp?  That's a quick rocketship

Just now, JDChristianson said:

Rbank has won how many in a row now with a Honda?  Impressive 

 

5 if I remember correctly.  Also Hondas won 2 out of 3 Chumpionships in 2016 as well.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Crank Yankers Racing said:

Good job Andrew.  Looks like that car is one of the cars to beat again this year.  1700# and 170 hp?  That's a quick rocketship

So if true, PWR = 10:1 and at 11.9 gallons stock, FWR with cell = 122lbs/gallon. Translated to E36/Fiero sized numbers, that would be equal to 255 hp and 20.9 gallons. Sounds like fun. :)

Edited by mender
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
3 minutes ago, red0 said:

 

FYI, this is not accurate info. 

 

I never said it was accurate information that is why there is a question mark next to that sentence.  Just was taking a guess off of curb weight and the hp of a GSR motor.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Great race, mostly well behaved from what I saw.

 

Only have one issue, during the red flags why were cars in the pit lane allowed out first?!?!?

 

I could have driven down and not done anything to the car and been waved around the field. That's messed up. Major problem there. 

 

They should be let out in the back of the line.

 

And damn that Honda was fast. I passed them 3-4 times to have them blow by me down the back stretch.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
25 minutes ago, Wyatt said:

Great race, mostly well behaved from what I saw.

 

Only have one issue, during the red flags why were cars in the pit lane allowed out first?!?!?

 

I could have driven down and not done anything to the car and been waved around the field. That's messed up. Major problem there. 

 

They should be let out in the back of the line.

 

And damn that Honda was fast. I passed them 3-4 times to have them blow by me down the back stretch.

 

4 minutes ago, Team Infiniti said:

 I overheard part of the conversation with the red flag, for whatever reason it was legit and lucky for those involved 

 

Can you all talk more about the red flags?  It sounds like people were able to pit and fuel under these circumstances as well.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Crank Yankers Racing said:

 

 

Can you all talk more about the red flags?  It sounds like people were able to pit and fuel under these circumstances as well.  

I was watching the live feed when this happened.  The cars that were in the pits, came in when it was yellow, not red.  when it went red, they closed the pits and stopped everyone on the front stretch.  The cars that were in the pits already were held at pit out during the red, and when they went from yellow to red, the ones in the pits had to stop working on the cars. (atleast they were supposed to)  So when they were going back to yellow they released they cars from pit out so they would go around to the back of the pack and not be penalized an extra lap for being in the pits when the red was thrown .  It made sense when I was watching 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 That is the way it went down, track went caution for a couple of minutes  before red, several cars including Huggins got a full legit yellow flag pitstop done then the flag went red catching a couple others at pit out, again all legit, they were  deemed lucky and  allowed to do the catchup thing  

Edited by Team Infiniti
Link to comment
Share on other sites

About a dozen cars seemed to gain a lap on us without ever passing us during that Red Flag. It wasn't right but it's what happened. Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug. We just finished a fuel stop and I was starting to move away from my pit stall when the night Red was thrown. Everyone on pit lane was held until the entire field went by. 

 

At least be consistent...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, DEE DEE said:

Sounds more like a smart advantage rather than free.  Those who took advantage must have been at the right place on the  track to be able to make a pit stop or just lucky

Luck for quick thinkers on the  back half of the track.

 

 We had completed a pitstop about 15 minutes before and were counting on an odd pit cycle to run us back up in the standings, we had been the bug earlier in the day  for other reasons.

 

 Didn't happen in the right order for us so we were the bug twice  despite a decent run in a quick car.

 

 The end result was class D win, ninth Place overall. 

Edited by Team Infiniti
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We were making a driver change and had left our pit stall when the yellow came out and cleanup trucks went down to pit out.  I was told to pull around them and be very careful before turn 6 to avoid the oil spill and pull up to the end of the line.  If I had been held, we would have lost a lap.  I think the right call was made :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quick thinking exactly and no EGO.  I have been on some teams where the other drivers would never think like that because all they wanted to do was to was to wring that last second out of their "stint" and be the fastest driver on the team  and wondered why they never finished well  with a fast car.  Tried to explain over and over that we are suppose to compete with other teams not ourselves.  Racing is truely a team sport.

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, DEE DEE said:

Revv what would you think if you made it out of the pits before the red was thrown ?

 

I would think that our timing was fortunate and everything worked well since the course was still functioning under Yellow Flag rules. I would have stopped immediately once the red was thrown. 

 

If what JD reported above is correct then the cars held at pit out during the morning red flag were let go in front of the pack while the cars held at pit out during the evening red flag were held until the entire field passed. It just doesn't seem like a consistent policy. In the end it didn't make a difference in our final outcome. 

Edited by revvhappy
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, revvhappy said:

If what JD reported above is correct then the cars held at pit out during the morning red flag were let go in front of the pack while the cars held at pit out during the evening red flag were held until the entire field passed. It just doesn't seem like a consistent policy.

I was a Pit Marshall during most of the day and I seem to recall that Dana's radio [command & control in the tower] died during the time of the second red. I think he was not able to communicate orders to the pits for a minute or two when some of this happened. Could be why it seemed inconsistent.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Team Infiniti said:

 That is the way it went down, track went caution for a couple of minutes  before red, several cars including Huggins got a full legit yellow flag pitstop done then the flag went red catching a couple others at pit out, again all legit, they were  deemed lucky and  allowed to do the catchup thing  

We (Huggins) never got lucky with a pit under yellow.  :(

All of ours were under green flag conditions.  Our last pit stop of the race our car went back out and then it went FCY, then red.

 

Awesome racing and clean for the most part during both of my stints.  Of course there will always be a team or driver that will pull some boneheaded moves.

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...