On 1/13/2020 at 6:00 AM, DEE DEE said:

Pics of your car wild west?

Just picked it up. I originally was wanting to go Camaro/Firebird (grew up with 'em), but finding a starting car that was cheap and not filled with modifications to undo was not happening. Ended up going E39 BMW. I figured, getting a running, non-overheating, non-leaking 528i 5-spd for $750, even if didn't race it, I could flip it or trade it for an E46. 

In planning the build (spreadsheets!) this will actually be cheaper than the Camaro idea.

20200406_203143.jpg

On 4/7/2020 at 5:42 AM, SC-WildWest said:

Just picked it up. I originally was wanting to go Camaro/Firebird (grew up with 'em), but finding a starting car that was cheap and not filled with modifications to undo was not happening. Ended up going E39 BMW. I figured, getting a running, non-overheating, non-leaking 528i 5-spd for $750, even if didn't race it, I could flip it or trade it for an E46. 

In planning the build (spreadsheets!) this will actually be cheaper than the Camaro idea.

20200406_203143.jpg

Good luck! I'm just finishing up my first race car build. Post your progress somewhere on here, I love reading about new builds.  

I wonder why CC isn't bigger in AZ.  I lived in Phoenix in 2007-2008 and always thought motorsports were better down there than here in OR, because PIR (phoenix) and firebird were open year round (if I'm not mistaken).  Yet in Oregon we have 4+ enduro weekends a year with different series, and it rains 60% of the year. Hope things pick up in that area, I probably wouldn't tow that far but it would be good to see races held down there. 

16 hours ago, Max said:

Good luck! I'm just finishing up my first race car build. Post your progress somewhere on here, I love reading about new builds.  

I wonder why CC isn't bigger in AZ.  I lived in Phoenix in 2007-2008 and always thought motorsports were better down there than here in OR, because PIR (phoenix) and firebird were open year round (if I'm not mistaken).  Yet in Oregon we have 4+ enduro weekends a year with different series, and it rains 60% of the year. Hope things pick up in that area, I probably wouldn't tow that far but it would be good to see races held down there. 

The tracks are typically closed in the summer from what I saw while I lived there.

PIR is kinda useless as they are pretty much "big pro events only". 

Wild Horse Pass (formerly Firebird) I would love a CC event at, but I don't see it happening. Something needs to be done to spur some modernization at the track. 

There have been a couple other tracks built in AZ, but are "private club only" type of places. 

There is the track in Tucson that could be good for an event. 

I lived in the valley from 84 to 88. I was stationed at Luke AFB. 
Loved it. the racing scene was huge. autoX every weekend somewhere in the state pretty much all year long. 
Then you had the road racing scene with a few closed street road races. Plus the tracks at Firebird and PIR.