Jump to content

ROAD AMERICA: Double 8: The Landjaeger Cup


Mike.g
 Share

Recommended Posts

Who's getting excited about Road America! We're looking forward to the race and we'll be there with our 4 door grocery getter to turn some laps. What I'm really surprised about is that we didn't already have a Road America post yet. Don't let the snow slow you down, lets look ahead and hope for a warm and sunny race!

 

Friday Test $300 - ChumpCar World Series Test Day, Apr 21 Test Day for ChumpCar World Series participants.
Entrants MUST be entered in ChumpCar event. Schedule is tentative. (REGISTER)

 

Garage Rental:

1 Day   $125

2 Day   $250

3 Day   $325

4 Day   $400

 

Current List as of 3/21/17

ra-list.jpg

Edited by Mike.g
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Technical Advisory Committee

I think the @enginerd is sitting this one out, so I am not running at this race. I will be racing the full track later this year. I have only run the novice/24 hours of Lemons/Chump course so far. I plan to be very respectful of the kink. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

I was going to come and volunteer, but a driver of mine wants to do Mid Ohio on Monday so I will be staying home getting ready for that race on the Monday.  I love Road America!  I always make sure I do that track one time a year.  I will be there in the fall for the Chumpionship.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The 3rd Gear Pulls CRX is getting a major overall for this round. We are hoping to finally go the weekend without a hitch. We have been racing for two years and only have had time for all the Road America races. Soon to add more tracks to our belt. But we are super excited for this one. Good luck to all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We'll miss you Crank Yankers! While we don't often interact with you guys at the events, you've earned our respect and trust on the track. You have a great group of drivers and we'll miss having you guys at the track.

Conundrum... But maybe we won't miss getting passed by you guys so often. :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/1/2017 at 4:07 PM, Crank Yankers Racing said:

I was going to come and volunteer, but a driver of mine wants to do Mid Ohio on Monday so I will be staying home getting ready for that race on the Monday.  I love Road America!  I always make sure I do that track one time a year.  I will be there in the fall for the Chumpionship.

Now you know that about as bad of reason as I have heard! If you would just start early on the race prep you could do both ya wimp.

 

You will be sorely missed and have fun at Mid Ohio, but you are still lame. :-)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
On 3/2/2017 at 11:31 AM, Mike.g said:

We'll miss you Crank Yankers! While we don't often interact with you guys at the events, you've earned our respect and trust on the track. You have a great group of drivers and we'll miss having you guys at the track.

Conundrum... But maybe we won't miss getting passed by you guys so often. :)

Maybe you all can make it back in the fall and run with us again.  We appreciate the kind words and look forward to racing against you again soon.

 

 

3 hours ago, 55mini said:

Now you know that about as bad of reason as I have heard! If you would just start early on the race prep you could do both ya wimp.

 

You will be sorely missed and have fun at Mid Ohio, but you are still lame. :-)

Hmm....that is a good idea to come and race at Road America, do Mid-Ohio prep in impound then load up and head to Mid-Ohio for a Monday race.  That would be a lot of racing!

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Crank Yankers Racing said:

Maybe you all can make it back in the fall and run with us again.  We appreciate the kind words and look forward to racing against you again soon.

 

 

Hmm....that is a good idea to come and race at Road America, do Mid-Ohio prep in impound then load up and head to Mid-Ohio for a Monday race.  That would be a lot of racing!

 

You Sissy, DO IT!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Crank Yankers Racing said:

Hmm....that is a good idea to come and race at Road America, do Mid-Ohio prep in impound then load up and head to Mid-Ohio for a Monday race.  That would be a lot of racing!

Not as much work as towing to Cali and you did that!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
27 minutes ago, scottyk said:

You Sissy, DO IT!

You driving with me?

 

 

6 minutes ago, enginerd said:

Not as much work as towing to Cali and you did that!

Oh yeah.....I wonder if @chisek would give me a discount or something.  Wanna drive Road America?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Racer28173 said:

 

Does anyone know how old/inaccurate the iRacing scan is for this track?  (the one for VIR is pretty old and makes it less useful for getting visual reference points)

 

I personally think Iracing version for Road America is pretty accurate.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The car started this weekend, and was reportedly used to terrorize the neighbors for a brief time with an open header.  Now we're getting excited, cant wait to head north in about 46 days.

   

10 hours ago, Eman911 said:

If I get the car finished in time.

Come on Italian parts gods.

 

We're pulling for ya

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, ABR-Glen said:

I can only assume that if you are bringing the miata to the big track that it now has a motor swap.

It does now, but we ran it last year with the stock 1.6 and had a lot of fun from 5 to the bend and Canada corner to the top of 14.  Hoping to be more competitive on the rest of the track now!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Technical Advisory Committee
1 minute ago, hotchkis23 said:

It does now, but we ran it last year with the stock 1.6 and had a lot of fun from 5 to the bend and Canada corner to the top of 14.  Hoping to be more competitive on the rest of the track now!

 

Well.......come on! Whats the new engine?...........Big block Chevy?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Technical Advisory Committee

So, it appears that JD Christianson, Hotchkiss, and 55mini are teammates?

Forgive me if I'm kind of slow - Wish I would have taken the time to meet you guys at Gingerman or (MIS) the last year or 2.

The Iowa gang - new rivals to the Alabama gang in NASCAR!  ^_^

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
2 minutes ago, mcoppola said:

So, it appears that JD Christianson, Hotchkiss, and 55mini are teammates?

Forgive me if I'm kind of slow - Wish I would have taken the time to meet you guys at Gingerman or (MIS) the last year or 2.

The Iowa gang - new rivals to the Alabama gang in NASCAR!  ^_^

 

You're correct....a crazy bunch of misfits I like to call them ;)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...