Buttonwillow 24?

Ian Moone

6 hours ago, chump5150 said:

We ran the 12 hr LD at buttonwillow last weekend. We did the 12 hr instead of the 24 hr because or car doesn't stay together for the total 24 hr. Also we use 10 gallons of gas an hr and would have to make a few trips into town to accommodate the 240 gallons of gas we would have used in the 24 hr race. I believe there were 12 cars signed up for the 12 hr race.

Oh man, your lights were SO bright. I kept letting you by me just so my brain could rest for a few minutes. Then I would pass you back for a while. I was driving hunched over so I couldn't see my mirrors. I drove with one hand covering my side mirror, which made shifting difficult. I finally planned a pass that would get me past you and a few other cars at the same time so I could get a barrier. I don't think they were necessarily brighter but they were aimed directly into my skull. Sorry your car was running poorly most of the day though.

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Dimsun Racing said:

We are in for the Buttonwillow 24hr

So that makes like 5 teams for this event. Better than 4 I guess, but certainly not enough to keep this event on the calendar.

One concern is that since LD just did a 24h race at the same track a month ago, that there is not going to be a lot of crossover from that org.

What can be done to increase signups for this event? Can we do a 12h race within a race? Something else?

Buttonwillow is a great track, and in fact NASA ran their West Coast championships there last year.

It won't be fun running such a large track with under 25 cars.

Edited by KDJones2000

6 hours ago, KDJones2000 said:

So that makes like 5 teams for this event. Better than 4 I guess, but certainly not enough to keep this event on the calendar.

One concern is that since LD just did a 24h race at the same track a month ago, that there is not going to be a lot of crossover from that org.

What can be done to increase signups for this event? Can we do a 12h race within a race? Something else?

Buttonwillow is a great track, and in fact NASA ran their West Coast championships there last year.

It won't be fun running such a large track with under 25 cars.

Also, as far as crossover goes, Lucky Dog is running Laguna Seca that same weekend I think I remember reading

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wendell34 said:

Also, as far as crossover goes, Lucky Dog is running Laguna Seca that same weekend I think I remember reading

I see them running ORP the weekend after this race. They aren't doing Laguna until October (same date as the Las Vegas race, I think).

Citrus is running BW at the end of September as well, but that is a double 7.

Edited by KDJones2000

5 hours ago, KDJones2000 said:

I see them running ORP the weekend after this race. They aren't doing Laguna until October (same date as the Las Vegas race, I think).

Citrus is running BW at the end of September as well, but that is a double 7.

Yep. You are right. Got my threads and races and where I read what where mixed up.

Gonna be a fun race! 

Especially for the top 4!

Entries for Buttonwillow Raceway Park

Team Name Car # Year Make Model
1.   Das Idiots 105 1999 Volkswagen Jetta
2.   MIATA, P.I. 30 1994 Mazda Miata
3.   Roto-Plooker Racing 37 1990 Mazda RX7
4.   Team Toofah Racing 124 1987 Porsche 924S

Is there anyway to make the sign up split where you can sign up without payment if its more than XX days out and then at YY Date you pay or you are removed from the list?  I know there are a lot of interested teams that just dont want to drop $250 6+ months out so they wait until a couple of months. Just a thought.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
    • 2 weeks later...
    • 3 weeks later...

Can we have a serious discussion about this race? We are just about at the early bird discount cutoff for this event, and there are still only 5 teams signed up.

The BOD members who were pushing to have this event have all resigned, and Mike has his posse in place.

The supplemental rules were removed when this race was cancelled the first time, and have not been reposted.

I really don't feel like running in a race like this with so few other cars, even if CCWS holds the race, which will obviously lose money.

Can someone who is in charge start commenting about this one, ideally before the discount payment deadline has passed?

• Like 1