Wheel widths and e30's?

Indysupra

How wide is everyone running on e30's. We are running some tr motorsports 7.5" but have been tossing around the idea of running some 9" wheels. They don't make the correct offset but with some now legal spacers I think it's doable. Thoughts? 

Edited by Indysupra
Plural

I run 9 inch +36 miata wheels, but I use adapters to fit onto the RX7. you can also get 15X10 miata wheels, it's nice to be able to use Miata stuff because there are so many low cost options. 

IMG_20161029_084741~01.jpg

Edited by mhr650

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Indysupra said:

the adaptors scare me quite honestly. Is there anyone running with a 4x100 9" plus wide wheel? There are some miata wheels that are 9" but with a +36 offset. Some of those might work with some spacers.

Hard to find. I am going to be ordering some 15x9s with a 15 offset soon and I'll use spacers to get the perfect setup. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Indysupra said:

the adaptors scare me quite honestly. Is there anyone running with a 4x100 9" plus wide wheel? There are some miata wheels that are 9" but with a +36 offset. Some of those might work with some spacers.

Bassett.  http://www.bassettwheel.com/dhole_lightweight.html

They require a 1/4" or 5mm aluminum spacer because of the dish shape, but you can get any width or offset you want.  5" backspace fits all 4 corners on the E30.  We run the 15x10.