Lifeline Fire Systems - Mike Chisek visited and took some video!

1 hour ago, jahnmel said:

What's the alternative?

We have a different brand, AFFF as well, refill kit and initial is do it yourself.  $50 refill kit is CO2 bottle and AFFF concentrate, add distilled water and you are ready to go back out on track.  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Ron_e said:

We have a different brand, AFFF as well, refill kit and initial is do it yourself.  $50 refill kit is CO2 bottle and AFFF concentrate, add distilled water and you are ready to go back out on track.  

It is probably fairly simple to do, but I'm still surprised that there is a do it yourself fire bottle refill.  

you cannot have a do it yourself refill on any bottle rated FIA. FIA homologation rules do not allow that.

If Chump rules do not require FIA standards- I am pretty sure they don't- you do not have to get your bottle re-certified every 2 years.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, mhr650 said:

Just had it done, was about $80 plus shipping. 

And shipping's how much, roughly? (I can't imagine it's cheap -- that looks like some fairly hefty hardware.)

So $40/year for the main system; [($80 x 4) / 10 =] $32/year for the recharge....

• 2 weeks later...

Shipping I'm finding to be quite expensive because it is considered hazardous material (pressurized bottle) - my 2.25 liter shipped from IL to OH was quoted at $42 one way.  I'm looking at $75 for the service plus $84 shipping round trip for mine.  I'm pinging LifeLine to see if my system is compatible with their bottle.