Doc

I KNEW that date sounded familiar. Who might be interested @Bill Strong @Paulie ???

LeMans 24 Hour Viewing Party @ National Corvette Museum **REGISTRATION OPEN**

Jun 17 @ 7:00 am – Jun 18 @ 10:30 am

2017 NCM Le Mans Viewing Party
June 17-18, 2017

Attention GT and Prototype Race Fans of ALL Marques!!

On June 17-18, 2017 the world’s greatest car manufacturers will battle at the 24 Hours of Le Mans. Through special arrangement with the ACO, three locations outside of France will be given commercial free, direct feed of the race… Berlin, Tokyo and Bowling Green, Kentucky at the National Corvette Museum.

We are planning to show the race on our 28-foot giant screen in the Chevrolet Theater, with live timing and scoring, refreshments during the entire 24 hours, private Skypes from the Corvette Racing team and door prizes. We think this will be the next best thing to being there yourself!

Space will be very limited – pre-registration early is of the essence!

Registration for this event is $100 per person and will include:

• 24 hour opening of the NCM’s Theater for viewing purposes
  • Early opening of NCM on Saturday, June 17
  • Continental breakfast Saturday / Full breakfast Sunday
  • Pasta dinner Saturday evening
  • Midnight Ice Cream bar
  • Cash bar will be open Saturday from 5:15pm – 7:00pm
  • Snacks & refreshments provided all 24 hours
  • Hourly drawings for signed race team hero cards (Must be registered participant & present to win)

Security will cover the front grass circle entrance door (parking lot A entrance) from 5:00pm – 8:00am so you are free to come and go at your leisure. RV parking is allowed in the truck parking lot for this event only. Bring in your sleeping bags, blankets, pillows, etc. for an all night stay in the NCM. All activities are open to Event Registrants only.

Click here to register

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, revvhappy said:

The Supps mention "Test n Tune" for NCM. Is there a free practice on Friday like the Road Atlanta race?

Not sure...They have what are called "touring laps" on their website for $45 for 4 laps.

Paula@corvettemuseum.org 270-777-4507

I think the "Test and Tune" heading is blank in case something DOES come up.

Edited by Doc

I'll be bringing the Supra to NCM and then VIR for the 24 in August.  I lived in Bowling Green for 4 years a decade ago, but this will be my first trip to NCM. I'm watching video to acquaint myself with the configuration but it always feels different in the car.

I have a score to settle with VIR - my first 24 was there and was a disaster for me in the MX3.

@bendawson3 - nice drive on Saturday at RA. I was watching on Race Monitor and saw the cars' FTD drop to 1:47.xx. Really thought you might hit 1:45.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, revvhappy said:

I'll be bringing the Supra to NCM and then VIR for the 24 in August.  I lived in Bowling Green for 4 years a decade ago, but this will be my first trip to NCM. I'm watching video to acquaint myself with the configuration but it always feels different in the car.

I have a score to settle with VIR - my first 24 was there and was a disaster for me in the MX3.

@bendawson3 - nice drive on Saturday at RA. I was watching on Race Monitor and saw the cars' FTD drop to 1:47.xx. Really thought you might hit 1:45.

Thanks. I was giving it what I could the last couple hours. I think we had a 1:45 in the car but we had a slipping clutch that killed us getting out of the corners. Add to that, a clutch pedal that would stay on the floor after a shift and I'd have to pop it up with my toe to get the next gear engaged. Fun challenges, but not things that add up to fast times. 

We we had such a fun time!! Of course, always better when we get to see you guys and run with you. 

See you in Kentucky, sir!

• Administrators
On ‎3‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 6:56 PM, Doc said:

I KNEW that date sounded familiar. Who might be interested @Bill Strong @Paulie ???

LeMans 24 Hour Viewing Party @ National Corvette Museum **REGISTRATION OPEN**

Jun 17 @ 7:00 am – Jun 18 @ 10:30 am

2017 NCM Le Mans Viewing Party
June 17-18, 2017

Attention GT and Prototype Race Fans of ALL Marques!!

On June 17-18, 2017 the world’s greatest car manufacturers will battle at the 24 Hours of Le Mans. Through special arrangement with the ACO, three locations outside of France will be given commercial free, direct feed of the race… Berlin, Tokyo and Bowling Green, Kentucky at the National Corvette Museum.

We are planning to show the race on our 28-foot giant screen in the Chevrolet Theater, with live timing and scoring, refreshments during the entire 24 hours, private Skypes from the Corvette Racing team and door prizes. We think this will be the next best thing to being there yourself!

Space will be very limited – pre-registration early is of the essence!

Registration for this event is $100 per person and will include:

• 24 hour opening of the NCM’s Theater for viewing purposes
  • Early opening of NCM on Saturday, June 17
  • Continental breakfast Saturday / Full breakfast Sunday
  • Pasta dinner Saturday evening
  • Midnight Ice Cream bar
  • Cash bar will be open Saturday from 5:15pm – 7:00pm
  • Snacks & refreshments provided all 24 hours
  • Hourly drawings for signed race team hero cards (Must be registered participant & present to win)

Security will cover the front grass circle entrance door (parking lot A entrance) from 5:00pm – 8:00am so you are free to come and go at your leisure. RV parking is allowed in the truck parking lot for this event only. Bring in your sleeping bags, blankets, pillows, etc. for an all night stay in the NCM. All activities are open to Event Registrants only.

Click here to register

Are you going to be racing or watching the LeMans race?  I'm confused on what you're going to be doing that weekend :) 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Crank Yankers Racing said:

Are you going to be racing or watching the LeMans race?  I'm confused on what you're going to be doing that weekend :) 

I'm freaking doing it ALL!!! Racing, broadcasting, and LIVING LIFE!!!!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Question for Matt@NCM:

Are we allowed passengers on the test day if they have all the same safety as the driver? (nascar bars, sfi bar padding, sfi seat, harness, and passenger in full nomex chumpcar safety gear, etc...)

3 hours ago, nissanguy38501 said:

In!!! @Doc - Hope we get some red beans and rice this time shipmate!! :P 

I dunno know about that for this one. Gonna have my hands full racing and doing the ChumpCast Live! broadcast!

Glad you are going to be back on the track...that was a nasty one at Road Atlanta!!!