Jump to content

Daytona 2017 Pics & Vids


Philippe
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, BSFSTIRE1 said:

Awesome battle, thank you for posting. To bad the live feed didn't have this, or much of anything for that matter.

I felt bad peeling off to pit when I did, there still was fuel but I was getting the "all ready" call, we had no agenda aside to salvage a noncompetitive day by doing a little R&D and having fun wherever it could be found.

 

 

 

Edited by Team Infiniti
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, Doc said:

Anybody know who the photographer was that was running around in the media vest? No one thought to get his name or number when he stopped by our garage while we were working on the car.

I think it was the Sportscar Magazine guy that was shooting video. I might be mistaken.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Anybody know who the photographer was that was running around in the media vest? No one thought to get his name or number when he stopped by our garage while we were working on the car.

contact Marc from our team.  one of our rental drivers (Phil) was buying some pictures from him.  Marc has Phil's contact info

Phil was from Kansas. I will pm you the info

 

jay

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, gr1vlet said:

I think it was the Sportscar Magazine guy that was shooting video. I might be mistaken.

Yeah, we appear several times in their highlight reel. Unfortunately all of it in the garage trying to fix our car...;)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, jracer98 said:

contact Marc from our team.  one of our rental drivers (Phil) was buying some pictures from him.  Marc has Phil's contact info

Phil was from Kansas. I will pm you the info

 

jay

Thanks Jay!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, deezy said:

I'm gonna try to set up a Flickr album with all the pics I took. There's a lot, I had a lot of time to spare until my friends arrived for prom lol

 

I see you just joined the forum and are from the Daytona area, do you know any of us or was this completely random that you ended up there shooting pictures on the same weekend (because of prom).

 

If completely random, that is awesome!

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites


Fast lap of the race for the GTD #202 Mustang (2:17.56).  Not terribly exciting but one of the few clean laps I had.  Would have been a bit better had I found the right gear in the horseshoe... I'm sure the car would have gone faster at night but it developed a miss later in the race and just wouldn't go any faster! This car was a blast to drive and shout out to car owner Joe for bringing the extra transmission to keep us in the race.  We were creeping up towards the top ten and got to an eventual 11th before 5th gear expired somewhere around the 8 hour mark dropping us back into the 40s.  I can't lie, I think the Mustang might be more fun than our BMW :ph34r:.

Edited by gr1vlet
2:17, not 1:17...
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, pintodave said:

 

I see you just joined the forum and are from the Daytona area, do you know any of us or was this completely random that you ended up there shooting pictures on the same weekend (because of prom).

 

If completely random, that is awesome!

 

 

 

Heh, I found out about ChumpCar last year and was really excited to join you guys then... until I checked the schedule and found out I missed the race by two months. Whoops! After that, I put this year's race on my calendar so that didn't happen again. When they released the invites to prom, I got really confused. I think I had five people checking over the prom info and the ChumpCar website to make sure I wasn't confusing this year's stuff with last year's.

 

I actually didn't go to prom this year! I went last year and had a great time so I didn't mind missing out on this year's. I asked if there was going to be anything new or exciting and got the response "Nah, once you've seen one, you've seen 'em all" so I didn't worry. I camped out at the track this year and a few of my friends stopped by Friday, Saturday afternoon, and Saturday after prom. Plus, I talked to them on and off throughout the night through the fence while they were doing karaoke in victory lane so that was cool.  Plus, $45 for prom vs. camping for free - the cheapskate in me is always gonna win :rolleyes: Really, the only thing I regret missing a belly dancer reportedly trying to seduce my principal

 

18 hours ago, bcakes said:

I would like to see some Prom pics.  I hope he includes a few of those.

 

I got a few pics this year while walking up and down pit road and while they were setting up in the morning. Most of the pics are from last year but the layout/activities were the same this year. Here ya go!

 

 

And some more here: https://dsp-photo.smugmug.com/SpruceCreek/Prom-2017/

 

Edited by deezy
Pics
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some quality 'merican Daytona'ing - my full stint from 10:15 or so on, after the yellow restart:


I was still trying to learn the car/shifter as I'd only driven it a few laps at Nashville Super Speedway a few months before as evident by my accidental 3-2 upshift at 13:45. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, gr1vlet said:

Some quality 'merican Daytona'ing - my full stint from 10:15 or so on, after the yellow restart:


I was still trying to learn the car/shifter as I'd only driven it a few laps at Nashville Super Speedway a few months before as evident by my accidental 3-2 upshift at 13:45. 

Video didn't work when I clicked on it. Do you have it marked as Private in youtube?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/7/2017 at 2:36 PM, Racer28173 said:

Video didn't work when I clicked on it. Do you have it marked as Private in youtube?

Ahhh damn. I tried to edit the title on my phone while I was out of town and something went haywire. I'll have to fix it once I get to an actual computer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...