Brainerd

jackrabb1t

So I guess everybody is going to California instead of Minnesota in July? There are currently 5 teams registered for this event and it's less than 90 days away. Come on people! It's looking like this will be the only race my team can make this year due to scheduling and life. I don't want to see it cancelled. :(

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Technical Advisory Committee

offda.  and LOL that taking the ferry is about the same travel time....

brainerd.JPG.6c96f5bc5f192e4d03ec30fcfeac5624.JPG

Over the top is tempting as well.    55mph can suck, but can also help make up time compared to 70mph.   :ph34r:

brainerd2.JPG.8b9614e03367a47d95c787f90e067e65.JPG

Edited by NigelStu

8 minutes ago, NigelStu said:

offda.  and LOL that taking the ferry is about the same travel time....

brainerd.JPG.6c96f5bc5f192e4d03ec30fcfeac5624.JPG

Over the top is tempting as well.    55mph can suck, but can also help make up time compared to 70mph.   :ph34r:

brainerd2.JPG.8b9614e03367a47d95c787f90e067e65.JPG

Definitely do the 'over the top' route.... pretty scenery to drive through, beats the heck out of Chicago traffic!

• Like 2

Remind me. As I recall one year Chump was able to run the old course. It seems the old course is the one with the long straight with a mild right? The track they called Donnybrooke back in the day.

I ask as my build isn't a short and tight track car.

15 minutes ago, Bandit said:

Remind me. As I recall one year Chump was able to run the old course. It seems the old course is the one with the long straight with a mild right? The track they called Donnybrooke back in the day.

I ask as my build isn't a short and tight track car.

This year they are running the regular course on Saturday, and the "Donnybrooke" layout on Sunday. I just looked at a map, that is one heck of a long straightaway!!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, enginerd said:

This year they are running the regular course on Saturday, and the "Donnybrooke" layout on Sunday. I just looked at a map, that is one heck of a long straightaway!!

Wish my junk would be ready. Oct. RA is going to be a challenge. Not likely to happen.

Donnybrooke is a helluva track.

Bring HP and brakes.

On 6/8/2017 at 5:49 PM, enginerd said:

If i remember right, its something like 4000 feet.  Enough to check every gauge, tighten every belt, and make a quick phone call or two.

Its a fun track...but driving a fox body...I tend to favor the straights.

Edited by LX Sport
  • Like 2

We're in -- might need an experienced driver.  Anyone interested in renting a seat in a Maserati for the weekend?  It is not ridiculously fast (although we won class D at both Laguna Seca and Watkins Glen), but it is an Italian handful of fun to drive and the crew is just a bunch of fun.  Let me know soon --

9 hours ago, dipperk120 said:

Oh, goody -- looks like we'll be trying to catch you all weekend again.........

Dunno bout that...I think its gonna be the other way around this time.  But we'll certainly be keeping an eye on you guys!

On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 9:33 PM, dipperk120 said:

We're in -- might need an experienced driver.  Anyone interested in renting a seat in a Maserati for the weekend?  It is not ridiculously fast (although we won class D at both Laguna Seca and Watkins Glen), but it is an Italian handful of fun to drive and the crew is just a bunch of fun.  Let me know soon --

Drivers set -- looks like we need one or two more crew members, though -- if anyone is interested, let me know.