Creating a Team Name

Just curious, how did you become the team captain without a team?  Seems like you should have to create a team first, then and declare yourself captain second.  But I've never done it.  I'm just a deck hand, not captain material.

• Like 1

Great!!!! Welcome to the asylum!!!!

If you would, go to the Forum (it's a separate registration process that's very easy) and tell us about the team so we can get to know you all. There is a section devoted to "Team Biographies".

If you listen to the ChumpCast Live! broadcasts from the races we cover we give away a $200 credit to a confirmed new team to ChumpCar during every broadcast.

3 minutes ago, CoachMK21 said:

Just curious, how did you become the team captain without a team?  Seems like you should have to create a team first, then and declare yourself captain second.  But I've never done it.  I'm just a deck hand, not captain material.

Don't be messin with the system now...:lol:

4 minutes ago, CoachMK21 said:

If I read everything correctly, that's how the process works.  Someone, me in this case, has to create the team and invite drivers with the Driver Pool ID and PIN.  Yes, I declared myself captain, but anyone on the team can be designated captain.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Doc said:

Great!!!! Welcome to the asylum!!!!

If you would, go to the Forum (it's a separate registration process that's very easy) and tell us about the team so we can get to know you all. There is a section devoted to "Team Biographies".

If you listen to the ChumpCast Live! broadcasts from the races we cover we give away a $200 credit to a confirmed new team to ChumpCar during every broadcast.

Thanks again Doc!  I saw the "Team Biographies" on the forum and will be sure to add our information.  We are a bunch of novices but are looking forward to being a part of the chaos!!!

4 minutes ago, Kevin Smith said:

Thanks again Doc!  I saw the "Team Biographies" on the forum and will be sure to add our information.  We are a bunch of novices but are looking forward to being a part of the chaos!!!

It is the most fun you can have with your clothes on...provided they meet the specifications in the Basic Competition Rules. LOL

Where are you located? We have a mentor program to ease your descent into madness if you are interested and you will find your fellow competitors to be extremely helpful...on and off the track.

• Technical Advisory Committee
8 minutes ago, Kevin Smith said:

Prepare to have some serious fun. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, CoachMK21 said:

FYI, four or so people join ChumpCar and pay their membership.  Someone has to be a team captain, pick one.  Team captain tells the other three the pool ID.  The other three join the driver pool, the team captain can now select the drivers for a race.  You have to become a captain before you have a team.

1 minute ago, Ron_e said:

FYI, four or so people join ChumpCar and pay their membership.  Someone has to be a team captain, pick one.  Team captain tells the other three the pool ID.  The other three join the driver pool, the team captain can now select the drivers for a race.  You have to become a captain before you have a team.

"I am their leader; Which way did they go?"

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ron_e said:

So, kinda like how Captain Jack Sparrow was a captain, but not of a real ship, since Barbosa took his?  I get it. :)

Edited by CoachMK21

1 minute ago, CoachMK21 said:

So, kinda like how Captain Jack Sparrow was a captain, but not of a real ship, since Barbosa took his?  I get it. :)

Don't spoil it for me. Been meaning to binge watch the series for some time. A LONG time...

• Like 1

Just now, Doc said:

Don't spoil it for me. Been meaning to binge watch the series for some time. A LONG time...

Nah, it's a relatively new movie series.  I mean, the first one came out in 2003, so at least it's this century.

• Like 1

Just now, CoachMK21 said:

Nah, it's a relatively new movie series.  I mean, the first one came out in 2003, so at least it's this century.

Dang....I've set a new personal procrastination record. Might as well take the rest of the day off...

• Like 1

(First Post)  I'm new here as well.  I have myself and my son listed on my team and two others that haven't signed up yet.  We are planning on running Barber in December.  I've been a guest on here for a while and just signed up.  We are looking forward to being a part of what seems to be a great group of people.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/18/2017 at 11:49 AM, Doc said:

It is the most fun you can have with your clothes on...provided they meet the specifications in the Basic Competition Rules. LOL

Where are you located? We have a mentor program to ease your descent into madness if you are interested and you will find your fellow competitors to be extremely helpful...on and off the track.

Doc, we are located in the Raleigh, NC area.  I live about 1:30 from VIR, which is where I plan to debut the team.  I went to the VIR race in December of last year and spent the day talking with teams and officials.  Everyone was very helpful, but there's a lot more to learn.  We may try to volunteer at a race, but getting the team together to do that will be tough since 2 of the team are in Charlotte, NC and Nashville, TN.

• Like 1